HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Fiscal Cliff

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 12:52 PM

Fiscal Cliff

Anyone else feel that the best thing that Obama and the Dems could do at this point is to just let all of the automatic cuts transpire since we know the GOP is going to stonewall any type of compromise plan? I just think that Obama is wasting his time in dealing with the lunatic fringe on the right, so lets the Bush tax cuts all expire, let the military cuts to happen and then they might actually be ready to make a deal. I realize that this plan would hurt alot of folks on public assistance, but I think if Obama coupled this with a barnstorming election style campaign highlighting the lack of cooperation that the GOP is giving towards a grand bargain then the majority of the people would be on his side. It just seems like to me that the only way the GOP responds is if they are smacked in the teeth, so why waste time bargaining with them when you know going in that your wasting your time.

5 replies, 647 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Fiscal Cliff (Original post)
Mojo2 Nov 2012 OP
msongs Nov 2012 #1
Wellstone ruled Nov 2012 #2
apnu Nov 2012 #3
woo me with science Nov 2012 #4
ProudProgressiveNow Nov 2012 #5

Response to Mojo2 (Original post)

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 12:55 PM

1. go off the cliff please, dems have MORE & BETTER votes in the new congress nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 12:57 PM

2. I for one believe let this

go over this fake cliff. Guys,this is all about the Billions that are about to affect the 420 rich families. That's the bottom line. Notice how this thingy showed up in the MEDIA back in September,they knew Willard was toast,and needed a new narrative,all be fake,to promote.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 12:57 PM

3. I think the Dems should allow the cuts to expire and then whip up a brand new tax cut

For the middle class. They can pass it in the Senate, and dare the R's to filibuster a tax cut. Then they can cram it down the House's throat and dare them, again to vote against a tax cut.

Once it passes they take a victory lap while the R's hang their heads in shame.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 01:01 PM

4. Not only should they let them expire,

they should give passionate speeches about why. They should reclaim the narrative from thirty years of bullshit, right-wing lies about what is good for our country and tell the goddamn truth about how austerity starves economies and entrenches a predatory oligarchy that is eating America alive.

Wouldn't it be nice.

We should be massing in Washington to oppose austerity and cuts to Medicare and Social Security.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 21, 2012, 02:19 PM

5. Agree 100%...

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread