HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » We need an AM radio show ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Nov 20, 2012, 08:07 AM

We need an AM radio show with no HATE-whatya think?

a syndicated national show aimed at the red states that gives 'em some hope and solid evidence of a life that can be---------one that covers their good stuff like NASCAR-----football-----country music-----and caring about your neighbor----one that shows how racism holds back those who practice it---a message of tolerance laced with hope------------like it's ok to be a hillbilly or a redneck ---just leave out the hate---
----I just spent 2 weeks in Florida----riding the swamp buggies---kayaking in the mangroves-----and didn't play golf ----hate it----let's start focusing on all the good fun stuff there is in life ------so much easier getting out of bed and not having to worry who should I hate today----whatya think?-------

3 replies, 515 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply We need an AM radio show with no HATE-whatya think? (Original post)
Always Randy Nov 2012 OP
Enrique Nov 2012 #1
Always Randy Nov 2012 #2
Proud Liberal Dem Nov 2012 #3

Response to Always Randy (Original post)

Tue Nov 20, 2012, 08:13 AM

1. is Jerry Springer still on?

seriously, I used to listen to his radio show on Air America, it was very progressive and very positive.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Enrique (Reply #1)

Tue Nov 20, 2012, 08:18 AM

2. well ---that wasn't exactly what I was thinking

I remember Imus ---before he got to be such a turd--------had everybody on the show---he reached his audience-------but this time maybe like a Willy Nelson-----not a harmful bone----just ---How can I help---maybe the Judds----I know Johny Cash was not into that racist shit----maybe someone in his family------

Reply to this post

Response to Always Randy (Original post)

Tue Nov 20, 2012, 08:42 AM

3. I don't know where he reaches

but Michael Smerconish is a good hate-free/anger-free daily radio show. He used to be a Reagan Republican but has become more of a moderate/independent and voted for President Obama in 2008 and (possibly) this year. He's even personally interviewed President Obama on numerous occasions. He's all over the map ideologically but I think that he does a good job looking at and listening to all sides of a given issue.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread