HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » This message was self-del...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 08:16 PM

This message was self-deleted by its author

This message was self-deleted by its author (busterbrown) on Sat Nov 17, 2012, 05:28 PM. When the original post in a discussion thread is self-deleted, the entire discussion thread is automatically locked so new replies cannot be posted.

4 replies, 445 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply This message was self-deleted by its author (Original post)
busterbrown Nov 2012 OP
2naSalit Nov 2012 #1
northoftheborder Nov 2012 #2
loudsue Nov 2012 #3
sabrina 1 Nov 2012 #4

Response to busterbrown (Original post)

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 08:21 PM

1. I've found

that it's a topis that would likely get you kicked off of many a blog. The ADL doesn't like it to be discussed so if you aren't going to praise the offender, you don't have a place to talk about it. DU probably has them watching everything posted with an injunction ready to use for such occasions. Can't blame the blog itself, ADL is big and the blog can't afford the lawsuits or the hassle.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 08:22 PM

2. There is no solution because the participants don't want one; I personally am exhausted waiting...

...for someone to give up, to concede, to intervene, to compromise in the interest of humanity.

I'm sure it has been discussed to death here numerous times. Usually someone gets their feeling hurt right away. So guess it's a touchy subject.

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 08:24 PM

3. Disliking America's actions is acceptable in the USA. Disliking Israel's actions, not so much.

We're allowed to say anything we like about how Israel's version of George W. Bush is running Israel. But we may get bumped off a board here and there, and we will 99.9% surely get screamed at by Netanyahu fans.

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 08:25 PM

4. Yes it is. People have expressed outrage. We expressed outrage

when Israel invaded Lebanon, when they invaded Gaza the last time, when they killed 9 peace activists who went to try to bring some relief to the people of Gaza. And yes, you can be sure, we are outraged at this latest assault on Gaza.

For some reason though our Party turns a blind eye to everything Israel does. Bibi was apparently correct when he claimed he 'holds the US Congress in the palm of my hands'.

He worked this time to try to interfere with US elections, his friend Adelman pouring money into Romney's campaign in an attempt to buy a Puppet in the WH because just swearing loyalty to Israel is not enough. We have to be willing to turn over our Military to go fight whatever wars Bibi and his neocon friends have in mind.

The killing in Gaza is reprehensible. And yes, I know Israel has never done a thing to get the Palestinians upset with them.

When the US actually takes a stand on this issue or walks completely away from it and leaves them to sort it out on their own, they will continue to feel empowered to keep doing what they do. I wish I knew what hold they have over the US because it appears Bibi is correct, our Congress seems powerless to stop their ill-conceived war-mongering.