HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Republicans Mourning for ...

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 12:41 PM

Republicans Mourning for Mitt Romney? Not So Much

By MICHAEL FALCONE (@michaelpfalcone)
Nov. 17, 2012

... "I've never run for president -- I've lost elections but never for the presidency -- and I'm sure it stings terribly," New Jersey Republican Gov. Chris Christie said in an interview Friday morning with MSNBC, but added: "When you lose, you lost." ...

"I don't think that represents where we are as a party and where we're going as a party," Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, a potential 2016 GOP presidential contender, said at a press conference at a meeting of the Republican Governors Association in Las Vegas earlier this week. "If we're going to continue to be a competitive party and win elections on the national stage and continue to fight for our conservative principles, we need two messages to get out loudly and clearly: One, we are fighting for 100 percent of the votes, and second, our policies benefit every American who wants to pursue the American dream." ...

... former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty .... said that President Obama "just tactically did a better job getting out the vote in his campaign" and "at least at the margins, was better able to connect with people in this campaign." ...

... At the gathering of governors in Las Vegas, New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez said ....
"Republicans need to stop making assumptions, and they need to start talking to younger people, people of color, and ask them -- not talk to them --ask them, 'What is it that we can do better? How do we earn your vote?" ....

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/republicans-mourning-mitt-romney/story?id=17742687

5 replies, 904 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Republicans Mourning for Mitt Romney? Not So Much (Original post)
struggle4progress Nov 2012 OP
Auntie Bush Nov 2012 #1
Flashmann Nov 2012 #3
Dubster Nov 2012 #2
behindenemylins Nov 2012 #4
behindenemylins Nov 2012 #5

Response to struggle4progress (Original post)

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 12:45 PM

1. Simple answer...NOTHING will ever make us vote ReThug. We value our freedom too much.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Auntie Bush (Reply #1)

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 01:04 PM

3. Yep.....And don't forget

One of the accidental truths we were told by their side,during the campaigns,is that smart people will never vote for them......As I recall,it was their great intellectual,Rick Santorum,that let that slip.....

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 12:48 PM

2. Spam deleted by gkhouston (MIR Team)

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 01:06 PM

4. Whatever the reason...

Christie wanted to crack Twit's stones. Sandy came along and Christie reached for a pair of pliers.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 01:07 PM

5. Whatever the reason...

Christie wanted to crack Twit's stones. Sandy came along and Christie reached for the nutcracker off the guest room coffee table.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread