HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Democratic Voters need to...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 08:41 AM

Democratic Voters need to contact the President and let him know what they want:

HP:

Dems contact the President over and over and tell him this is NOT what we worked and voted for, and do the same with your Dem Senators and Congressmen. If they cave this time these tax cuts will NEVER be gone and Social Security and Medicare will be too. We need to make ourselves loud and clear, and make sure they know we won't be wasting any more of our time working to get Dems elected if all they are going to do is cave to the baggers.

No cuts to Social Security or Medicare
Raise the Taxes on the wealthy just like your campaign has promised
Let the Bush Tax Cuts expire if you cannot reach a deal with Republicans. Any deal you reach with the Republicans must not include any kind of compromise on your core promises of this election!

2 replies, 493 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Democratic Voters need to contact the President and let him know what they want: (Original post)
UCmeNdc Nov 2012 OP
graham4anything Nov 2012 #1
JDPriestly Nov 2012 #2

Response to UCmeNdc (Original post)

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 08:56 AM

1. I want 100% of everything but will be happy with another 10% gain. I am not greedy

grant me the serenity to change the things I can
grant me the knowledge to know what I can change
and what I can not
and the wisdom to know the difference between the two and not be damn greedy

If we get more funds for the very poor and middle class, I don't care about stabbing the wealthy proverbially.

I also don't care what they call it and all.

Seeing Lincoln the movie showed how compromise, or framing the words different goes a long way to going forward.

Letting the south off helped the healing, even if it might have been better off to never give them their own freedom back. But that is the "Dukakis" and vengence is only bitterness and backwarness.

Going forward means progress.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to graham4anything (Reply #1)

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 09:48 AM

2. Social Security and Medicare are already bare bones. You just can't

cut them without causing a lot of misery and maybe even premature deaths. On the other hand, whether Romney can afford the garage for his La Jolla house? Who cares. He won't know the difference if he never builds it. But some grandma in Maine who lives in a small house and can't afford enough heating oil to keep warm this year? She will notice the cold if she stays alive long enough.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread