HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Romney is a racist POS an...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 12:21 AM

Romney is a racist POS and the fact he came so close to the presidency is an indictment on America.

Sure, we turned him away - but nearly half the nation voted for this idiot. I guess I take solace in the fact that if everyone voted, Romney probably would've been in the low 40s - but still, we need this to be a learning lesson ... even in victory. If you don't vote, guys like Romney come to power. Racist bigots like Romney are four points away from the presidency.

Remember that in 2016.

19 replies, 2280 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 19 replies Author Time Post
Reply Romney is a racist POS and the fact he came so close to the presidency is an indictment on America. (Original post)
Drunken Irishman Nov 2012 OP
Timbuk3 Nov 2012 #1
cilla4progress Nov 2012 #2
hrmjustin Nov 2012 #3
Permanut Nov 2012 #4
Kalidurga Nov 2012 #5
Paka Nov 2012 #6
beyurslf Nov 2012 #7
Cosmocat Nov 2012 #15
JoeyT Nov 2012 #8
Warpy Nov 2012 #9
ProudProgressiveNow Nov 2012 #10
Cha Nov 2012 #11
calimary Nov 2012 #12
Tutonic Nov 2012 #13
demgrrrll Nov 2012 #14
pampango Nov 2012 #16
Native Nov 2012 #17
lunatica Nov 2012 #18
johnlennon_shallrise Nov 2012 #19

Response to Drunken Irishman (Original post)

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 12:22 AM

1. Amen n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 12:25 AM

2. What Timbuk3 said

AMEN!

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 12:26 AM

3. Well said my friend!

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 12:32 AM

4. Word, Drunken..

the American experiment is not assured of a warm fuzzy outcome by any means. With any luck, we'll move an inch or two in the right direction. Actually, I guess we did that, didn't we?

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 12:36 AM

5. Exactly how I feel.

Yes, I believe Obama got a mandate and it was by several measures a landslide victory. However, it does irk me to no end how the MSM ignores all the dog whistles and the fact that so many voted for Romney just because they are afraid of the big scary black man in the White House.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 12:39 AM

6. Forget 2016! Too far in the future!

Remember in 2014 and GOTV. Never forget what happened in 2010 when too many progressives didn't GOTV. The struggle is just beginning. We must keep working from the local level on up.

Reply to this post

Response to Paka (Reply #6)

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 12:43 AM

7. We will pay for 2010 all through this decade because that election

put into power those who gerrymandered the hell out of the the house and state seats.

Reply to this post

Response to beyurslf (Reply #7)

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 07:42 AM

15. YEP

Just a TRAGIC turn of events to have that election happen then.

The Rs have gotten their teeth kicked in 3 of the last 4 major elections, the one they threw a hissyfit in while the dems slept through was the one that gave them the ability to set state lines for the rest of the decade ...

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 12:44 AM

8. We turned him away

with a massive amount of effort. Enough effort that in a just world someone that loathsome would have had to struggle to break single digits. As was mentioned upthread, 2016 is too far away: We'll have to do it in 2014. We need a blue majority in the House and the Senate to really undo the damage caused during the Bush years.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 01:01 AM

9. It's certainly an indictment of rural America

where they grow 'em dumb, keep 'em ignorant, and make sure they're all proud uvvit.

If we had anything but a supine corporate media countered by a rabid right wing media maybe things would be a little different. Ignorance can be fixed if media care enough to inform. They don't. They're infotainment and largely devoted to tabloid crap in a search for ratings.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 01:48 AM

11. Yes it is, DI..and every bit as much an Indictment on the US Corporate Media and hate radio.. and

they know who they are as do we.

Obama and We The People beat them and mcpalin in 2008 and now We've beaten them again even after 4 years of brainwashing and racist hate festering out of the airwaves.

Amazing..with all that Money it came down to rove in his fox hole waving papers around telling mittLies not to concede Yet... Victory is just around the corner

We have to remember it every day and work hard to make VIRAL the FACTS and Celebrate REALITY!

Thank Goodness for Social Media!

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 02:09 AM

12. We really can't wait til 2016. Not when 2014 looms ahead and needs to be protected.

The last thing we want is for the midterms to come around and repeat the dysfunction of 2010. The thing we MUST guard against is allowing the enemy to regain lost ground. We want them off their game and NOT recovering anytime soon. We still have TONS of mess to clean up, that they created.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 05:58 AM

13. K&R

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 07:37 AM

14. I am dying to know what "grotesque" word he used about Hispanics and Obamacare.

TPM has a little blurb. Stay classy rmoney

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 08:24 AM

16. At least he lost. A few decades ago he probably would have won in a landslide.

And the rest of the republican cast of presidential characters was no better then him in that regard. That our country maintains a party that can't produce anyone better then romney is an indictment.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 10:26 AM

17. I'd like to offer a bit of hope on this topic

In our very red County in Florida, Romney received more votes than Obama. Ours is not much of a haven for retirees, but we do have enough angry old men to keep bigots in office. That said, I'd also like to mention that our middle schools all held an election, and the overwhelming winner was Obama! That tells me that their parents are a different breed from the generation that came before them and it is just a matter of time before old bigots are as extinct as dinosaurs.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 10:39 AM

18. Actually we need to remember that in 2 years, not just in 4 years

It was the midterm elections that created the Teabagger Party who are now the worst offenders against this country. They're the purity party standing in the way of everything.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 12:49 PM

19. Today's Republicans Would Have Hated Lincoln

In Abe’s time, it was the Republicans who were the liberals, who stood on the side of the people, and the side of the Union. The Democrats were the party of the traitors, the secessionists, the ones who attempted to tear our country apart. Over time those Democrats & Republicans switched party names, but kept their attitudes. Today’s Republicans would have hated Lincoln, exactly as their States Rights descendants, using a different name, hated him & assassinated him. Their hatred was as insane and intense as today’s Republicans are against our President. They were and are rabid dogs and we should all be very concerned about this radical, maniacal mob imho.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread