HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » men ask nepotism question...

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 04:04 PM

men ask nepotism questions regarding Luke Russert (in response to his ageist question to Pelosi)

In reaction to today’s presser, Twitter lit up with offended women, among them noted Democratic Strategist and pundit Hilary Rosen. “Note to Luke Russert: Mitch McConnell is 70, Harry Reid is 73. Oh and Bob Schieffer is 75. Think they should step aside? #NewGuysRule?” she asked on Twitter.

The men, meanwhile, lobbed nepotism charges, asking, “Luke Russert was qualified for this job just out of college? Or did he have Daddy help him get this job? Also known as NEPOTISM. Step aside Luke for someone who can actually earn your job.” A female watcher added, “OMG I can’t believe he asked such a question! LOL I’m glad Nancy shut him down. He’s such an ass.” And another: “Hmmmm…..Maybe you were laughed off and booed because you were offensive? Ponder that Luke.” And another: “They are 70+ but they’re fine leaders. How immature & arrogant you are. Did you learn nothing about respect from your Dad?” And another: Not just Pelosi was insulted! You managed to insult ALL women! #LOSER.”

Back to the males: “Well, Luke, you got your job due to nepotism. I think you should questions regarding legitimacy of employment.” This gentleman added, “BTW did your balls taste, because Nancy served them up to you.”

Watch the C-SPAN clip here. Quasi coming to Luke’s defense, CNN’s Dana Bash remarked on Twitter… “I have never seen Nancy Pelosi play up the pro woman theme as she is doing now. Even joking about the scary sight of all men at the table.”

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowldc/luke-russert-gets-bashed-for-ageist-question_b89213

71 replies, 6976 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 71 replies Author Time Post
Reply men ask nepotism questions regarding Luke Russert (in response to his ageist question to Pelosi) (Original post)
Liberal_in_LA Nov 2012 OP
lalalu Nov 2012 #1
movonne Nov 2012 #3
lalalu Nov 2012 #4
Riley18 Nov 2012 #14
lalalu Nov 2012 #15
Myrina Nov 2012 #25
lalalu Nov 2012 #26
adigal Nov 2012 #36
obamanut2012 Nov 2012 #30
lalalu Nov 2012 #31
adigal Nov 2012 #37
CreekDog Nov 2012 #34
WI_DEM Nov 2012 #44
libodem Nov 2012 #5
lalalu Nov 2012 #6
libodem Nov 2012 #7
Cha Nov 2012 #9
lalalu Nov 2012 #10
Cha Nov 2012 #11
Honeycombe8 Nov 2012 #16
lalalu Nov 2012 #17
Honeycombe8 Nov 2012 #18
lalalu Nov 2012 #19
Honeycombe8 Nov 2012 #20
LiberalFighter Nov 2012 #21
lalalu Nov 2012 #22
LiberalFighter Nov 2012 #28
lalalu Nov 2012 #29
CreekDog Nov 2012 #35
lalalu Nov 2012 #38
CreekDog Nov 2012 #39
lalalu Nov 2012 #41
CreekDog Nov 2012 #48
lalalu Nov 2012 #53
CreekDog Nov 2012 #55
lalalu Nov 2012 #59
CreekDog Nov 2012 #61
justiceischeap Nov 2012 #43
lalalu Nov 2012 #45
justiceischeap Nov 2012 #47
lalalu Nov 2012 #52
CreekDog Nov 2012 #49
ljm2002 Nov 2012 #32
lalalu Nov 2012 #46
TeamPooka Nov 2012 #40
lalalu Nov 2012 #42
TeamPooka Nov 2012 #50
lalalu Nov 2012 #54
CreekDog Nov 2012 #57
lalalu Nov 2012 #58
CreekDog Nov 2012 #62
CreekDog Nov 2012 #63
lalalu Nov 2012 #66
TeamPooka Nov 2012 #64
lalalu Nov 2012 #65
TeamPooka Nov 2012 #67
Zoeisright Nov 2012 #68
lalalu Nov 2012 #69
Hippo_Tron Nov 2012 #71
Liberal_Stalwart71 Nov 2012 #2
Cha Nov 2012 #8
BigDemVoter Nov 2012 #12
GeorgeGist Nov 2012 #13
Supersedeas Nov 2012 #23
Myrina Nov 2012 #24
PoliticalBiker Nov 2012 #27
Carolina Nov 2012 #33
Secret_Society Nov 2012 #51
EmeraldCityGrl Nov 2012 #56
JoePhilly Nov 2012 #60
otohara Nov 2012 #70

Response to Liberal_in_LA (Original post)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 04:19 PM

1. They both need to go.

Last edited Wed Nov 14, 2012, 05:10 PM - Edit history (1)

Pretty funny seeing a doing nothing nepotism reporter and a do nothing member of congress having a fight.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to lalalu (Reply #1)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 04:28 PM

3. I'm sorry but are you saying that Nancy is a do nothing

member of congess...I guess you were to young to remember when she was the Majority Leader...she did more than anyone else that I remember...

Reply to this post

Response to movonne (Reply #3)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 04:36 PM

4. I am old enough to remember effective majority leaders before.

Last edited Wed Nov 14, 2012, 08:21 PM - Edit history (1)

So maybe you are the one too young to remember people who fought more and better. Throw all the stones you want the fact is that she is part of the weak democrats in congress who from the eighties on have rolled over for republicans. Democrats need new people in congress.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #4)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 08:20 PM

14. I know all I need to know about Pelosi

When I saw her get the Obamacare passed. She is a true American hero.

Reply to this post

Response to Riley18 (Reply #14)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 08:26 PM

15. She sat in congress for decades and did

absolutely nothing to reform healthcare. President Obama was the only change that got healthcare reform.

He had to drag these lazy democratic members of congress like Pelosi into helping. For decades these senior members sat back and never pushed the issue let alone get anything done. They didn't give a damn for years and it is pretty sad that some of you still believe in them.

Between rightwing republicans and support for lame democrats it has kept this country behind. I am really glad young democrats are questioning and demanding change. The democratic party needs a shake up.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #15)

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 10:12 AM

25. I agree with you.

It's easy to get 'distracted' from the 'change you went to Washington to implement' when you get comfy with the money, the perks, the lifestyle and the podium ... a changing of the guard is desirable at all levels, every so often to make sure the REAL constituents are being represented.

Reply to this post

Response to Myrina (Reply #25)

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 10:16 AM

26. You said it very well.

Better than me and that is the point I am trying to get across.

Reply to this post

Response to Riley18 (Reply #14)

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 09:23 PM

36. She hasn't been effective, in my view

I like her, but I don't think she is a good leader. I wish she would step aside.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 12:52 PM

30. Pelosi is considered one of the best Speakers in US history

As well as probably the most effective House Minority leader ever.

I wish she had been President.

Reply to this post

Response to obamanut2012 (Reply #30)

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 12:56 PM

31. Everyone has a right to their opinion.

I wouldn't vote for her for president and doubt she would even come close to winning.

Reply to this post

Response to obamanut2012 (Reply #30)

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 09:24 PM

37. By whom? Who,thinks this? Nt

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 09:01 PM

34. she isn't a majority leader

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 09:33 AM

44. Actually when she did have the majority she accomplished a great deal

you should see the record. It was the Senate and their rules that stopped a lot of legislation from being passed. Maybe it's you who need to do a little research.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 04:38 PM

5. I resent the remark about Nancy

EOM.

Reply to this post

Response to libodem (Reply #5)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 04:44 PM

6. Your opinion and view.

I disagree. I feel it will be a big mistake to keep Pelosi in the leadership spot. From Pelosi to Schumer there are some dems who need to be replaced by a new and more progressive bunch.

Time to move on and a lot of young people feel that way whether it is PC or not. Democrats risk losing a lot of young democrats if they keep these same cronies in power.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #6)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 04:55 PM

7. It is all good

Just sayin'. You are entitled to your opinion.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 05:13 PM

9. No they don't. Nancy stays.

Reply to this post

Response to Cha (Reply #9)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 05:17 PM

10. LOL, whatever.

This is another reason why we are decades behind other countries in having universal healthcare and have a raggedy infrastructure. Keep voting for the same people.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #10)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 05:28 PM

11. Some people are worth voting for again.. Nancy's earned her place as Minority Leader

and hopefully in 2014.. She'll be Majority Leader, Again.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 08:34 PM

16. You are wrong, Grasshopper. Pelosi has managed to bring all or most Dems together in the House

to GUARANTEE votes for the Democratic Party. Even when some Democrats were against the bill. THAT'S leadership. That's her job. And she did it very well.

She's very good at getting the Dem reps to change their positions. It's an art. Teddy Kennedy could do it. She doesn't do it, apparently, with animosity or threats.

She actually got the Dems in the House to pass a health care reform bill that included a public option. But the public option didn't make it thru the Senate.

Reply to this post

Response to Honeycombe8 (Reply #16)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 08:42 PM

17. She is no Ted Kennedy and never will be.

Pelosi is a backstabber to the progressive movement and so are some other democrats. Fortunately many younger democrats see this. Keeping these people in office and power will cost democrats.

Pelosi has been in congress since before my now young adult son was born. Those are many years of doing nothing. They are rightly questioning why they should continue to support these people who for decades did nothing progressive. It seems this is an example of younger people being smarter than their elders.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #17)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 09:14 PM

18. Ummm...her job is not to be progressive. Maybe you misunderstand her position.

She is the leader of the Dems in the House. Her job is to bring in the votes to support Democratic Party bills. Dem. Party bills are usually not progressive. Most Democrats are not progressive.

As I said, she DID a miracle...she brought in enough votes in the House to PASS THE PUBLIC OPTION. A very difficult thing to do. And a pretty progressive thing to do. Something Teddy Kennedy couldn't do.

Of course she is no Ted Kennedy. No one is. But he's not here to become minority leader.

I await your list of things she failed to do, that make you unhappy. I have told one HUGE thing that she did do.

Reply to this post

Response to Honeycombe8 (Reply #18)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 09:19 PM

19. I understand her position.

She failed to get enough democrats to push through a more progressive form of healthcare because she doesn't personally back it. The list of things she failed to do is exactly that- all the things she failed to to.

Why don't you list the bills she personally sponsored and successfully got passed. Considering she has been in congress for decades it should be extensive.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #19)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 10:25 PM

20. You didn't read my post. She DID get a public option passed. It was REID who did not.

The House passes a bill. It goes to Senate. The Senate revised the bill, removed the public option, and sent it back. The House needed to revise it or vote on it, and it had to go back to the Senate. She COULD have changed it back to what they had sent to the Senate before, but it would've done no good. The SENATE didn't have the votes to pass a public option.

There you have it. Pelosi was the ONLY one who pushed for and got a public option from the legislature. Obama agreed with it, of course, or she wouldn't have done it.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 10:49 PM

21. Make sure you get the facts.

Reply to this post

Response to LiberalFighter (Reply #21)

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 09:11 AM

22. We do not have a public option.

You need to get the facts on what a public option is. Pelosi has been in office for decades and this is the best you have?

Here is another fact. The democrats were on a losing streak thanks to the sorry laid back do nothing democrats in congress and a horrible DNC led by McCaulifee. They were also a factor in big losses in 2010.

Face it, many democrats can't stand them and they cannot get out the votes like President Obama. Keep supporting Pelosi and Reid and there will be losses in 2014. You can live in a bubble and ignore that fact but once again democrats will be kicking themselves.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #22)

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 11:00 AM

28. You need to get the facts on how legislation is created and passed.

Reply to this post

Response to LiberalFighter (Reply #28)

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 11:05 AM

29. We do not have a public option.

Keep Pelosi and Reid and democrats lose in 2014. That's just reality.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 09:03 PM

35. well that's wrong, she did pass the more progressive version but the Senate wouldn't back it

but you've been wrong a bunch of times on this subject, so i'm starting to think that you aren't interested in the truth.

Reply to this post

Response to CreekDog (Reply #35)

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 11:29 PM

38. The truth is that she didn't get it passed

and as usual has an excuse. If it isn't a law it didn't get passed. Almost doesn't cut it. What is wrong is keeping her in power and the 2010 elections proves it. Keep her in power and democrats will lose again in 2014.

Decades in office and all you have is she almost got something done.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #38)

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 11:54 PM

39. you are lying which means that you don't think you can tell the truth and win the argument.

so it shows you don't even have faith in what you're saying. or you're too ignorant about the law and its passage to know the difference. in any case nobody should listen to you, what you're saying is unreliable and false.

Pelosi passed a version of the healthcare bill that was stronger than the strongest bill the Senate could pass with 60 votes. It had a public option, it had stronger subsides than the Senate version.

Your story is completely false.

Reply to this post

Response to CreekDog (Reply #39)

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 07:21 AM

41. LOL, you sound like a republican yelling LIAR

when they can't handle the truth. Personal attacks only come back to bite you.You also are living in a republican fantasy where Pelosi got the nation a public option. She didn't and it isn't law.

In the meantime why don't you try getting that long list of all the laws she actually sponsored and got passed in all her years in office. I guess you can't.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #41)

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 01:38 PM

48. and your attack on Pelosi wasn't personal?

and you did lie about her.

that's not my fault and pointing it out isn't an attack.

and don't try to change the subject, as you're trying to do.

let's settle the health care one.

Reply to this post

Response to CreekDog (Reply #48)

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 02:21 PM

53. I didn't attack Pelosi. I pointed out the fact she is a do nothing

member of congress. I am still on the same subject. The healthcare issue has already been settled and the public option is not part of it.
Pelosi is one of the reasons why. You can't change the facts. The public option is not the law. Make all the excuses you want but that is a fact.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #53)

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 02:48 PM

55. Lie.

i'll bet you don't even know the history of how the bill was passed, what versions had what items in them and who got what provisions removed.

you have no idea what you're talking about.

Reply to this post

Response to CreekDog (Reply #55)

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 08:48 PM

59. LOL, you are self destructing like a republican.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #59)

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 09:00 PM

61. You can find things to criticize that are legitimate, you need not lie about her

that's all I'm saying. by posting falsehoods about her, instead of bolstering your argument, you just show everybody that 1) you don't understand the topic you are posting about or 2) you want so badly for them to agree with you that you will mislead them to do so.

and the thing is, you haven't/can't point to a thing about my posts to you that are false.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #38)

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 09:07 AM

43. You seem to want to dismiss what is being said to suit your own agenda

it's fine to not like Pelosi but it isn't fine to repeat something that isn't true. She did indeed get the public option passed initially. When the Senate didn't have the votes to pass it, what was she to do, take over the Senate? That isn't her job, that, as it's been pointed out is Reid's job. After Reid couldn't get the public option passed in the Senate and it got kicked back to Congress, where it had already passed with the public option, were they just supposed to drop the bill entirely? Send the exact same bill back that couldn't get votes the first time around?

How was she supposed to get the Senate to pass this? I'd really like an answer besides your not thinking Pelosi is progressive enough.

And just FYI, at this point in time in politics, there are never going to be more progressives in Congress or Senate than Blue Dogs. A lot of people on DU don't seem to comprehend the fact that a progressive Democrat is not going to win, in say, Missouri or Indiana or Arizona, so Blue Dog Dems are better than Tealiban Republics, IMO.

Reply to this post

Response to justiceischeap (Reply #43)

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 09:44 AM

45. Public Option isn't a law.

So it didn't pass and her fake try doesn't matter. Your whole post explains why we are behind other countries.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #45)

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 10:32 AM

47. Yes, because we can force the will of a few on the many

That's how this country should be run. I'd love to see more progressives in office but until this country starts leaning further left, it ain't gonna happen.

BTW, thanks for not answering the question I posed. One can only surmise the reason for not answering it is because you can't.

Reply to this post

Response to justiceischeap (Reply #47)

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 02:17 PM

52. I answered it.

You just don't like the answer. Pelosi, Reid, and the democrats who have been in congress for years all need to be replaced by new and progressive democrats. Until you and other Americans face that this country will continue to lag in progression.

These people are an insult to democrats who actually fought republicans. They came in during the eighties and nineties and have been kissing republican rear ends every since. They all sit around yapping and calling each other "my good friend" and taking real issues as some joke.

That's why none of them moved on healthcare reform until President Obama forced the issue.If people would kick their behinds out of congress they wouldn't take things so lightly.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #45)

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 01:38 PM

49. you're saying it's her fault Joe Lieberman got the public option removed?

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 08:32 PM

32. It's sad that the first response to this OP...

...is a statement denigrating Ms. Pelosi.

Even if you don't think she was much of a Speaker, she was our Speaker and she did shepherd the Affordable Care Act through the House in spite of an amazing deluge of opposition, from both Republicans and Democrats.

And of course your statement tends to derail the real point of the OP. What the bloody hell is a product of nepotism like Luke Russert doing asking such a question? "Some of your colleagues privately say..." Pffft. What a little pissant. I'm glad Nancy put him in his place.

Sexism is so entrenched it is not even noticed. I'll bet money that Luke has never, ever asked that question of any of the old men of the House or the Senate.

Reply to this post

Response to ljm2002 (Reply #32)

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 09:47 AM

46. Sexism is an issue that should be addressed.

His question was inappropriate and why I think he should go. I stand by opinion Pelosi and Reid also need to go. Obviously many democrats feel the same. It why you can't get them enthusiastic and out to vote in midterm elections. Get new people in leadership, run new candidates, and the voters will come out. Of course democratic leaders won't do that.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 01:20 AM

40. Do Nothing? In the 111th Congress, the House and Senate passed 383 bills through both houses

Nancy was Speaker driving most of that legislation.
http://www.congress-summary.com/A-111th-Congress/Laws_Passed_111th_Congress_Seq.html

If you want a do nothing Congress look at the leaders of the one we have now.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2012/07/13/13-reasons-why-this-is-the-worst-congress-ever/

You may disagree with her policies or tactics but to call her a do-nothing member of Congress betrays your ignorance of the facts and opens you to questions about the motives behind an attack on a wman in a thread about media sexism against this woman.

Reply to this post

Response to TeamPooka (Reply #40)

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 07:23 AM

42. Driven by Pelosi?

No, driven by a President and his supporters. That is why she accomplished nothing prior to President Obama being in office.

The only ignorant people are those who keep electing the same losers to congress and putting them in power. Then you wonder why America isn't as progressive as other nations. Look in the mirror the next time you ask that question.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #42)

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 01:44 PM

50. you are a lost cause in your denial of facts.

Reply to this post

Response to TeamPooka (Reply #50)

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 02:23 PM

54. So what did she do prior to President Obama being in office?

What laws did she personally propose and see get passed?

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #54)

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 04:39 PM

57. so you lie about her even though your question admits not knowing about her record

it's not a personal attack to tell you what you are saying/doing. if you consider being held accountable for your statements a personal attack, you must be ashamed of them.

i don't think you could achieve a D in a class on the US Government.

Reply to this post

Response to CreekDog (Reply #57)

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 08:47 PM

58. Yawn, answer the question and face reality.

LOL, she did nothing.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #58)

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 09:52 PM

62. then who did something? name one person.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #58)

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 10:03 PM

63. are you yawning because you're tired of lying?

Reply to this post

Response to CreekDog (Reply #63)

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 08:37 AM

66. Bored with your lack of abilities to prove or

say anything factual or worthwhile.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 02:25 AM

64. diversonary answers are troll-like tactics. Thats a fact.

would you be more at home at Free Republic?

Reply to this post

Response to TeamPooka (Reply #64)

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 08:36 AM

65. You seem to be very familiar with them.

It seems you would be more at home. Your inability to accept an opposing view proves it.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #65)

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 02:29 PM

67. yours in not an opposing view. If it were

you would be able to argue the whole pint with facts that you could reference but you cant do that so you are a troll and you are now ignored.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 03:37 PM

68. Look it up yourself.

Apparently you're too lazy to do so.

Reply to this post

Response to Zoeisright (Reply #68)

Sat Nov 17, 2012, 03:51 PM

69. They don't exist and you are too dishonest to admit it.

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 18, 2012, 03:37 PM

71. Look, there are legitimate arguments that someone else could do a better job than Pelosi

However, "you're over 70, get out of the way for younger folks" is not one of them.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 04:22 PM

2. I can't stand Dana Bash. Nancy has been a champion for women all her life!!

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 05:11 PM

8. Gotta Love Social Media! Thanks Liberal_in _LA nm

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 05:59 PM

12. Luke Russert is an incompetent asshole.

And his dad was a republican gas- bag who pretended to be "non-partisan" while sporting a "W" button in the 2004 campaign.

On edit: Nancy Pelosi was certainly NOT a do-nothing Speaker-of-the-House. She shepherded the ACA through, and she held wayward Democrats' feet to the fire. If there were problems, blame the DINO who failed to support her.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 06:19 PM

13. Daddy's most important rule of Journalism ...

Integrity is for Paupers.

Reply to this post

Response to GeorgeGist (Reply #13)

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 09:51 AM

23. Well, he has that rule down

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 10:09 AM

24. He & his dad are/were VASTLY over rated.

I was really confused here at DU when Sr. Russert passed and all of the garment-rending occurred. I always saw Timmy as a right-of-center hack. And his son, who I believe was STILL in college at IU down in Bloomington, was hired.

It was definitely a WTF moment, and little Luke appears to be proving me right.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 10:27 AM

27. How apropos....

I mentioned it in a thread yesterday
http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1251&pid=246979

Glad to see it's getting a little more airplay.
I was no real fan of Tim Russert, but he was well respected as a journalist by other journalists. Luke is FAR too young to have slid right into that post. He hasn't paid the price, he hasn't ground the long slog, he hasn't *earned* the notariety necessary for such an assignment.
Nepostism is like inheiriting billions.... you have it, but you didn't earn it and what qualifies you to keep it?

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 08:55 PM

33. I am probably

gonna be flamed or alerted on this comment, but I have to say: Luke Russert is the classic example of white boys' affirmative action.

An obnoxious little SOB and POS who should STFU

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 02:02 PM

51. Went to college with him..

and he didn't seem qualified for that so I just laugh every time I see him struggling to keep his head above water in the media

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 03:11 PM

56. MSNBC just had him on reporting on Obama's sit down with the cons. That's a slap

in the face to all the viewers that made complaints yesterday. I sent an email and I'm sure others did as well.
At the very least he should not be given the coveted on air pieces.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 08:52 PM

60. Obviously, Tim Russert died to make room for Luke Russert's younger blood.

Its obvious.

Reply to this post

Response to JoePhilly (Reply #60)

Sun Nov 18, 2012, 11:34 AM

70. Of All People

to ask this offensive question...the irony.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread