HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » I support Susan Rice
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 12:52 PM

I support Susan Rice

This is not a particularly scholarly or informative thread.

I just love Susan Rice. She is serious, intelligent and qualified to be Secretary of State.

The Right might attempt to smear her over Benghazi? Seriously? If Petraeus is such a hero to the right, how is the woman who listened to him (Ms. Rice) more at fault on this issue?

And if John McCain says she's not smart enough - then she must be brilliant - that braying ass chose Sarah Palin the Ignorant to be one heartbeat away from the Presidency. His judgement has deteriorated and he needs to retire already.

The world breathed a sigh of relief that day Ms. Rice replaced the grotesque John Bolton at the U.N. and she has served her nation well.

I will get mad if they fuck with this amazing woman.

.cms

13 replies, 1570 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 13 replies Author Time Post
Reply I support Susan Rice (Original post)
Coexist Nov 2012 OP
hrmjustin Nov 2012 #1
Mass Nov 2012 #2
sonydee Nov 2012 #3
Whisp Nov 2012 #4
psychmommy Nov 2012 #5
banned from Kos Nov 2012 #6
Coexist Nov 2012 #10
sonydee Nov 2012 #7
protect our future Nov 2012 #8
LineNew Reply I
John2 Nov 2012 #9
sherrier Nov 2012 #11
Supersedeas Nov 2012 #12
Myrina Nov 2012 #13

Response to Coexist (Original post)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 12:54 PM

1. I want Kerry, but Rice would be great and Obama should not shrink from a fight.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 01:00 PM

2. I trust Obama to choose his SoS, but she is extremely qualified, as are others.

This campaign by the RW is utter BS.

And coming from the guy who put Sarah Palin on the ticket, totally ridiculous.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 01:21 PM

3. Susan Rice for president

I support Susan Rice too think she is way more qualified then Hillary ever was .
Republican party love the idea of Hillary ,. I think Susan would be in a good position
to run for president too she may even be our first female president one day.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 01:26 PM

4. if not SoS this term, 2016 President run.

She is an amazing and capable person.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 01:46 PM

5. I support Rice for SOS.

I like John Kerry but, prefer him in the senate. We need our warriors there. I think Hillary has done a great job. Susan Rice is awesome!!!!

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 01:48 PM

6. I also support Rice or Samantha Power

stay in the Senate please, Mr. Kerry.

Reply to this post

Response to banned from Kos (Reply #6)

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 04:15 PM

10. Samantha Power!

I wish she's never done that darn interview during the primary.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 02:11 PM

7. Susan Rice for president

Bravo Mr President for standing up for Susan Rice telling GOP you have to go through me.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 02:24 PM

8. John Kerry and Susan Rice

are both well qualified to be SOS and I believe either would do a fine job. I am not aware of any others who might be considered for the position (but what do I know).

I trust our president to choose whichever candidate would serve our country best. After all, he knows Susan Rice and John Kerry a bit better than any of us do.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 02:55 PM

9. I

think both candidates are good but since certain GOP senators has attacked her, I want this fight with them. I think the whole Democratic Party should get behind Rice. Why attack this woman when she was just doing her job. Attack the President and fight like men instead of attacking an innocent woman. I see Lindsey Graham responded emotionally. As far as that Ioacoca person, we know she is part of the Tea Party and one of those Palin types. Susan Collins is just tagging along but those are the three culprits (McCain,Graham and Iococa). And here is this Rendell and SeSe person claiming about a couple of Democrats against Susan Rice. Well put their names out in public and quit hiding. I want to know these two Democrats? Spit it out!

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 10:47 PM

11. Sherrie from Texas

I have to say that I am just learning about Susan Rice and I am so dismayed at the attacks on her. While I am supportive of a look into Bengazi I don't feel like it should be on the level of Watergate as the wording today has been alluding to. The Iraqi war and the WOMD should have been investigated in that manner, but was not(but could still be done)..... I want this situation to be investigated, but am fearful of the Republicans NEED for a conspiracy more than I am afraid of an actual conspiracy. And what an irony ..... Condolisa Rice was in this poor woman's(Susan Rice) same position and the Republicans had and still have nothing to say about her part in getting us into a very expensive war that killed and maimed MANY more than four Americans. I do not want to underplay the loss of those 4 Americans, but I HATE the hypocrisy in American politics. And on the same note but lower importance level, where are all those Americans that burned the Dixie chicks CD's, threatened their lives and cried on TV about how evil these three women were all in honor of the office of the President of the United States .... well, they are all standing firmly behind Donald Trump who has embarrassed himself and our country so much more than the Dixie Chics ever could have hoped to do .... hypocrisy. I will never be back on the Republicans side until they stop being the mean bully in the political play yard. Change and adapt or take your followers or get out of our country. The USA was founded on the freedom of ideas and the majority have voted .... get over it.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 09:58 AM

12. Susan Rice still have questions to answer about Rwanda and Genocide

during her years as Clinton Era appointee before i would be confortable with her appointment

I am not saying that she can not satisfactorily address these questions, but that they should be asked and answered.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 10:07 AM

13. I don't have an opinion either way, but one of the talking heads had a good point ...

... last night (I was flipping between MSNBC and Current, so not sure who) ... McLame and the GOP want POTUS to appoint Kerry as Sec State because

a. They have a pretty good feeling that Snot Brown could get elected to Kerry's seat, giving them another knucklehead in the Senate, and

b. They are "good friends" with the gentleman that was killed in Benghazi and are on a personal vendetta against POTUS for it.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread