HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » The chart Republicans wil...

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 05:39 PM

The chart Republicans will have a tough time refuting...

Jobless claims over the last five years, from Rachel's blog:

It's clear the stimulus has worked. Maybe not as well as we would have liked, but it did work. Yes, the unemployment rate shot up throughout 2009 & 2010, but that was almost directly tied to the massive loss of jobs we saw in between late 2008 and early 2009.

Still, there's a lot of work left to do. This is why it's imperative we reelect Pres. Obama. The Republicans will take us right back to the failed policies that contributed to the first-half of this graph.

Not this time. We've got to work our butts off to make sure we don't regress once again. We've made great progress the last three-plus years - we can't go back.

7 replies, 1671 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply The chart Republicans will have a tough time refuting... (Original post)
Drunken Irishman Mar 2012 OP
CottonBear Mar 2012 #1
Pholus Mar 2012 #2
Stan Smith Mar 2012 #3
Gman Mar 2012 #4
DCBob Mar 2012 #5
mikekohr Mar 2012 #6
DippyDem Mar 2012 #7

Response to Drunken Irishman (Original post)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 05:52 PM

1. If the stimulus had been at least twice as much, the economy would be even better now.

Of course, the republicans did not want to have that happen. They fought tooth and nail against the measly stimulus package that was passed.

I lost my professional career job (good salary, health insurance, retirement plan, vacation pay, professional license fees and cont. ed. costs paid, etc.) of 16 years at the very peak of unemployment. I had a 4 month old baby at the time. I have not had health insurance since that time.

I just found part time (36 hr/month), min. wage, no benefit work 2 months ago. So, jobs are being created, but not jobs with a living wage or any benefits. We need to work on creating better paying jobs with benefits and health care plans once we can get most people back to work.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 06:13 PM

2. Makes a good T-shirt, I'd think....

Nice work!

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 06:30 PM

3. They will try.

One of the excuses will be, that the Democrats had the house from 2007 until 2010. The idiots will actually try to say that the republicans in congress are the ones to credit for this.

The damn republicans have done nothing, but ruin this country since at least when that senile old fool Reagan was put into office.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 06:49 PM

4. They will just change the subject

and say "the failed Obama policies.... {fill in the blank}.......". They will NEVER address a truth like this. That's how they're trained.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 07:01 PM

5. This needs to made into a colorful mailer sent to every voter in the swing states...

with the exception of the hard core RWingers who would never be moved by facts and figures.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 11:40 PM

6. Job Creation Record Over the Last 70 Years, -Republicans got some explaining to do-

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mHSyEv8vBt4/S6Zvl-nui8I/AAAAAAAAACQ/3j0wUSj78mk/s640/Job+growth+graph.jpg

The record shows two unmistakable patterns:
Every time a Republican succeeds a Democrat in the White House, the job creation rate plummets.
Every time a Democrat succeeds a Republican in the White House, the job growth rate soars. Every time! No exceptions!

Considering the steady growth in population of the United States during this time frame the job creation rate should steadily increase each month (currently it must grow by 128,000 per month to keep up with population growth). This trend only manifests itself when examining Democratic administrations:

Listed below is the average job growth increase for all terms served:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mHSyEv8vBt4/S6Z6xo0qSnI/AAAAAAAAACY/p8SkoEnN5dw/s640/job+creation+by+president.jpg

By: mike kohr Graphics by: Bonny Kohr

cached at: http://bureaucountydems.blogspot.com/p/job-growth.html

Reply to this post

Fri Mar 23, 2012, 12:20 AM

7. What's amazing is that Obama did it while jumping over the Party of No! n/t

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread