HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Jim Jordan Suggests Elect...

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 01:16 PM

Jim Jordan Suggests Elections Drive Solyndra Investigation

WASHINGTON -- After months of investigations into Solyndra and other Department of Energy loans failed to produce a smoking gun, one Republican lawmaker let slip why House Republicans have kept up the charge.

In an interview following yet another hearing in which Energy Secretary Steven Chu testified about the Department's loan guarantee program, Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) appeared to admit that Republicans' ongoing probes of the program -- from which the bankrupt California-based solar company Solyndra and others benefited -- are largely a play to win votes in November.

"Our staff will continue to dig into it and see," Jordan told Energy and Environment Daily. "But what I hope happens is we stop doing these kind of things ... this whole cronyism approach to the marketplace.

"Ultimately, we'll stop it on Election Day, hopefully. And bringing attention to these things helps the voters and citizens of the country make the kind of decision that I hope helps them as they evaluate who they are going to vote for in November."

Jordan's press secretary, Meghan Snyder, called HuffPost on Thursday to discuss the context for Jordan's statement.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/22/jim-jordan-solyndra-investigation-elections_n_1372205.html

2 replies, 1014 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Jim Jordan Suggests Elections Drive Solyndra Investigation (Original post)
a kennedy Mar 2012 OP
safeinOhio Mar 2012 #1
Stan Smith Mar 2012 #2

Response to a kennedy (Original post)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 02:30 PM

1. Jordan is an ex wrestler

that got dropped on his head too many times. I get to vote against him every time.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to a kennedy (Original post)

Thu Mar 22, 2012, 05:15 PM

2. The republicans make me sick.

Not only are they against moving forward to better, cleaner sources of energy, when we try to make it happen they dream up bullshit reasons to try to prosecute those who are trying to make a better world. Of course they are the same party that couldn't find fault with President Clinton, so they dreamed up fake impeachment charges and drug the entire country through the mud.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread