HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Republicans Begin Interna...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Nov 13, 2012, 01:27 AM

Republicans Begin Internal Civil War

As Republicans sifted through the wreckage of the Mitt Romney campaign, they saw collapsing popularity among fast-emerging ethnic groups, such as Hispanics, and key social demographics, such as young people. In an economy struggling with 7.9% unemployment, where more than half of voters believed the country was heading in the wrong direction and against an unpopular incumbent, the once fiercely effective Republican party machine only managed to craft a devastating defeat.

http://readersupportednews.org/news-section2/318-66/14486-republicans-begin-internal-civil-war

5 replies, 1254 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Republicans Begin Internal Civil War (Original post)
Left Coast2020 Nov 2012 OP
davidpdx Nov 2012 #1
HopeHoops Nov 2012 #2
JRLeft Nov 2012 #3
Third Doctor Nov 2012 #4
Filibuster Harry Nov 2012 #5

Response to Left Coast2020 (Original post)

Tue Nov 13, 2012, 05:18 AM

1. Well we knew this was coming

It's like two trains hurdling toward each other and the drivers are blind and too busy yelling at each other. The only questions left are 1) how bad will the fight be and for how long and 2) What is left after the war is over?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Nov 13, 2012, 11:38 AM

2. They can't win. It isn't a territorial battle. It's an ethnic/racial/political one.

If it comes to actual fighting, it will be state-by-state, and within the states. Secession is somewhat meaningless under those circumstances. I don't know about you, but I'm not going to put my 20 gauge shot gun up against a military grade automatic rifle.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 13, 2012, 11:53 AM

3. When did Jeb Bush become a moderate? Just because he is pro immigration reform, doesn't mean he is a

Moderate.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 13, 2012, 02:50 PM

4. I hope this Civil War

weakens their party even more. This will make it even easier to defeat them in the future. I would like to see the party split apart. Actually.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 13, 2012, 03:01 PM

5. Heads will roll

so now Mark Levin wants Karl Rove out. now Rance Priebus may be out and Michael Steele back in.
Grover calls Romney a poopyhead. Levin is even attacking Bill Kristol. I love listening to their talk radio right now -- best comedy on the airwaves.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread