HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » “Dreams From My Real Fath...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 07:58 PM

“Dreams From My Real Father” Filmmaker Plans A Sequel

No regrets.

The man who created "Dreams From My Real Father," the anti-Obama film that argues that the president's real father is late Chicago communist Frank Marshall Davis, told BuzzFeed on Monday that he believes the film was a success despite Obama's reelection.

"The DVD continues to sell well and has discredited the mainstream media even further as liberal political partisans, rather than public trustees and watchdogs for the American people," said Joel Gilbert in an e-mail, calling the movie an "important historic document."

Gilbert started a direct-mail blitz over the summer and fall, mailing millions of copies of the film, he said, to voters in swing states all over the country. He would not specify how much the distribution of the free copies cost him.

"The publicity campaign of sending some free DVDs around the country was very helpful in getting media attention, including The New York Times, Media Matters, The Daily Beast, local TV stations nationwide," Gilbert said on Monday.

-snip-

read more:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/dreams-from-my-real-father-filmmaker-plans-a-seq

2 replies, 525 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply “Dreams From My Real Father” Filmmaker Plans A Sequel (Original post)
DonViejo Nov 2012 OP
surrealAmerican Nov 2012 #1
yellowcanine Nov 2012 #2

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 08:05 PM

1. Who's funding this? ...

... and without an election campaign, why?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to surrealAmerican (Reply #1)

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 08:17 PM

2. Because the RW still sees value in discrediting Obama as much as possible to make it harder for him

to get anything done.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread