HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Media fight on the right ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 11:44 AM

Media fight on the right over GOP

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83679.html

“These people have made politics a theater for identity politics for a segment of America, rather than a way to solve collective problems,” Frum told POLITICO, referring to conservative media commentators. “What is happening now, and it’s disturbing, is that this complex has sold the idea that conservatives are the real majority in America. That claim has been exposed as false. But they are turning on the country and leading their viewers toward alienation and rejection.”

Bingo! Give that person a cigar. The same old, same old alienation will not get you elected.

5 replies, 746 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Media fight on the right over GOP (Original post)
pipewrench Nov 2012 OP
SDjack Nov 2012 #1
Flashmann Nov 2012 #2
Speck Tater Nov 2012 #3
pipewrench Nov 2012 #5
Squinch Nov 2012 #4

Response to pipewrench (Original post)

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 11:53 AM

1. You can change the way you walk, you can change the way you talk.

But changing your mind about racism being wrong, that is proving to be very difficult for them. The GOP is a racist organization, and it will die as one. I will enjoy watching it, and their gyrations don't scare me.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to SDjack (Reply #1)

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 11:54 AM

2. GOP is a racist organization, and it will die as one.

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 12:21 PM

3. This quote says it all...

"We don’t need to change to appeal to voters. We need voters and their mindsets to change.”

Anyone who is depending on the rest of the world to change in order to be successful is destined for failure. Imagine this scenario:

A person hurts their bare feet walking on rough stones or hot pavement. Should he put on a pair of shoes? No, he says. I don't need to put leather on my feet. I need the whole world to be paved in leather so I can walk safely.

That's what they want. They don't want to wise up. They want the rest of the world to become as stupid and narrow-minded as they are.

Reply to this post

Response to Speck Tater (Reply #3)

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 12:52 PM

5. Totally agree

Changing policy to suit the times seems to be a non-issue for the Republicans.

Love the quote Speck Tater

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 12:23 PM

4. Frum is becoming quite the sensible Republican mommy, smacking all the Republican kids

for their silliness and misbehavior over the past few decades. Here's hopng they don't listen to them.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread