HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » So now that Romney doesn'...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 08:21 PM

So now that Romney doesn't have to be bothered with being President,

I'm sure he will be taking all his accumulated wealth and creating jobs. That is what the wealthy people do with all the money they have from the reduced taxes they pay, right? We're waiting, Mitt.

7 replies, 1005 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply So now that Romney doesn't have to be bothered with being President, (Original post)
Mr.Bill Nov 2012 OP
geckosfeet Nov 2012 #1
Mr.Bill Nov 2012 #2
Politicalboi Nov 2012 #3
geckosfeet Nov 2012 #4
Tutonic Nov 2012 #5
left on green only Nov 2012 #6
qwlauren35 Nov 2012 #7

Response to Mr.Bill (Original post)

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 08:25 PM

1. Yes. That's what all wealthy people and corporations do with their accumulated tax windfalls.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to geckosfeet (Reply #1)

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 08:27 PM

2. You do know my post was sarcasm, right?

I wish someone during the campaign would have asked him how many jobs he's created in the last four years.

Reply to this post

Response to Mr.Bill (Reply #2)

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 08:33 PM

3. Wouldn't have matter what question they asked

He lied all the time. And they NEVER put him on the spot.

Reply to this post

Response to Mr.Bill (Reply #2)

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 08:37 PM

4. The job creators must have tax cuts so that they can create more jobs.

Unfortunately, when the job creators pay zero taxes we will still have 3 to 4% unemployment. To get to 0% unemployment we will need to pay (an as yet unnamed sum) the job creators with tax dollars extracted from the people that they employ.

This makes a lot of sense to me. I am a republican.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 08:42 PM

5. He'll rertun to being one of the 47%--paying 0 taxes and getting tax credits for shipping jobs

overseas.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 10, 2012, 08:49 PM

6. Actually, now that we all have flushed the toilet, I expect him to file amended tax returns......

.....retroactively for those two years when he actually did pay something, in an effort to impress our common citizens that he pays taxes just like they do.

Reply to this post

Sun Nov 11, 2012, 02:10 PM

7. Oh, THANK YOU!

If Romney had actually been able to point to jobs he had created, he would have been a lot more credible.

I am convinced that wealthy people have no interest in creating jobs, and when it actually happens, it's an accident.

We are lucky to have small businesses that create jobs, and companies that choose to manufacture in the states, who also create jobs. And a government that sponsors and pays teachers and first responders, and scientific research, who create jobs.

You have hit on the head one of the reasons I hated Romney. The sheer hypocrisy of his candidacy was the idea that the rich create jobs when he couldn't demonstrate it personally. Oh wait. He employed stable boys, gardeners, housekeepers... sorry, that doesn't count.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread