HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » My email as per voter pro...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 12:25 PM

My email as per voter protection in Ohio 2012

Dear xxxx,

Congratulations – you should be proud of the amazing victories that we achieved across the country on Tuesday, especially the reelection of our President. Quite simply, we couldn’t have done this work without you. We appreciate your commitment to this cause and your extraordinary efforts to protect every eligible voter’s right to cast a ballot and have it counted.

Thousands of attorneys and voter protection volunteers were deployed to thousands of polling places and other field stations. Together, we monitored ballot access, assisted voters, collaborated with elections officials, and took decisive legal action. Your hard work and support made all the difference.

With sincere thanks,

Will

Will Crossley
Chief Counsel and Voter Protection Director
Voting Rights Institute, Democratic National Committee

I can't begin to tell all my DU friends how hard we worked and how many of us have been itching for
this fight since 2004. It was really nice to watch republican "poll watchers" and the "True the Vote"
people slink away knowing that they could not do shit or that no matter what Sec. of State Husted
tried we were going to take him to court and win on the merits of the case. BTW Husted was too
much of a baby to show up in court in person.

DU was all a big help on me keeping up w/ the news in a very fluid and fast moving environment.

1 replies, 387 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply My email as per voter protection in Ohio 2012 (Original post)
Botany Nov 2012 OP
bleever Nov 2012 #1

Response to Botany (Original post)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 02:20 PM

1. You sir, are a patriot, in the truest sense of the word.

I salute you. And I drink to your health and happiness.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread