HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Letterman Goes Off On Kar...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 11:32 AM

Letterman Goes Off On Karl Rove: Don’t Be Surprised If You Read He Was Beaten Up By The Koch Bros.

During last night’s Late Show monologue on CBS, host David Letterman spoke mostly about the election and cheerfully mocked the losing Republican candidate Mitt Romney, as well as took swipes at Karl Rove and the Koch brothers for sinking money into the failed candidacy.

“There’s a lot of money left over. Oh, Karl Rove and that 400 million dollars,” said Letterman. “I believe that the people who gave him the money, I think it was the Koch brothers, they gave him $400 million, and they said, ‘Here, hey, tubby, go get us a president. We got stuff we want to ramrod through. We want to turn this America, we want America back. Here, what’s it going to take to get America back, Karl? Here, come on. 400 billion – bring back a real America, will you?’”

The comedian concluded: “Boy, I tell you, the Koch brothers, don’t be surprised if you read that Karl Rove was beaten up by the Koch brothers.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/letterman-goes-off-on-karl-rove-dont-be-surprised-if-you-read-he-was-beaten-up-by-the-koch-brothers/

7 replies, 1853 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Letterman Goes Off On Karl Rove: Don’t Be Surprised If You Read He Was Beaten Up By The Koch Bros. (Original post)
Adenoid_Hynkel Nov 2012 OP
barnabas63 Nov 2012 #1
FLyellowdog Nov 2012 #2
coalition_unwilling Nov 2012 #3
rock Nov 2012 #6
subterranean Nov 2012 #5
leveymg Nov 2012 #4
HopeHoops Nov 2012 #7

Response to Adenoid_Hynkel (Original post)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 11:37 AM

1. Wow, thanks for posting!

I've got last night's show on DVR, I'll have to go back and watch this.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 11:37 AM

2. He called Rove a "tubby weasel" while talking to Brian Williams.

Then came back after the commercial and said "I probably shouldn't have called Rove a tubby weasel..." And then sort of muttered a halfhearted "I'm sorry"....He was great.

Reply to this post

Response to FLyellowdog (Reply #2)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 11:45 AM

3. He was sorry he insulted weasels - n/t

Reply to this post

Response to coalition_unwilling (Reply #3)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 12:08 PM

6. And tubs

Reply to this post

Response to FLyellowdog (Reply #2)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 11:50 AM

5. He should have just called him a weasel.

The "tubby" part was unnecessary and reinforces the widespread notion that being overweight is some sort of character flaw.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 11:47 AM

4. You get "beaten up" by the Mob if you owe them $390.00. Rove lost $390 million, and he may

be moved down a floor, perhaps two, but the RW billionaires probably will end up giving him more money next election. He's the best they got.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 02:27 PM

7. K&R

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread