HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » A post for the nerdiness ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 08:45 AM

A post for the nerdiness within some of us... Dem voter turnout

"When it comes to the use of voter data and analytics, the two sides appear to be as unmatched as they have ever been on a specific electioneering tactic in the modern campaign era," Sasha Issenberg, a journalist and an expert in the science of campaigning, wrote just days before the election proved him right. "No party ever has ever had such a durable structural advantage over the other on polling, making television ads, or fundraising, for example."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/07/politics/why-romney-lost

Even Romney camp marveled at how Obama campaign was able to find voters so well.

Demography analytics is a computer science application field that is growing increasingly essential what we call the "Digital economy". (also involve CRM= customer relationship management). It's about amassing data, sifting though and finding out that your car was about to be broken down so that your info is passed to a car dealer who would try to offer you a deal. Or that you just have a new born baby and baby product producers will bombard you with tons of e-mails, direct ads of products.

This science is applied to voter targeting, and both camps have as much money as needed to purchase the best software or data base.

Except for one thing. The best people prefer to work for Obama, for progressive Democratic party. My computer scientist (CS) colleagues affirm this much: these CS people want to defeat the backward, dark age Republican party.

They are in academic or at the forefront of science & technology. This community overwhelmingly supports the Democrat. Just look at the list of Nobel laureates endorsing Obama. Out of 155 Princeton faculties and Staffs, Obama: 153 - Romney: 2. If the votes from the academia and tech intelligentsia community are tallied, I wouldn't be surprised they would go >90% for Obama.

Republicans got what they deserved. But, as we know, many of them will benefit from medical treatments and cure that come from 5 centuries of scientific enlightenment when mankind decided to search for knowledge of nature by rationality and empiricism instead of dwelling in Church doctrine or theological studies, so that these Repubs can live on to promulgate and impose on us dark-age religious ignorance that even Vatican has long abandoned, adapted and enlightened.

8 replies, 840 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply A post for the nerdiness within some of us... Dem voter turnout (Original post)
JackN415 Nov 2012 OP
Jackpine Radical Nov 2012 #1
JackN415 Nov 2012 #2
JackN415 Nov 2012 #3
Springslips Nov 2012 #4
Blue4Texas Nov 2012 #5
JackN415 Nov 2012 #6
Blue4Texas Nov 2012 #8
Coyotl Nov 2012 #7

Response to JackN415 (Original post)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 08:49 AM

1. The Republicans have a plan to level the playing field.

They intend to continue their quest to destroy higher education.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Jackpine Radical (Reply #1)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 08:58 AM

2. You got a point. Santorum: "elite smart people will never join us"

... so, to broaden "our" base and make "us" a majority: we should try to make everyone in the next generation as ignorant as possible.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 09:04 AM

3. Additional note: The academic, high-tech community is predominantly male, caucasian...

and they overwhelmingly support Obama.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 09:12 AM

4. Anti-intellectualism

That's another of their many, many problems. What pisses me off when arguing with them isn't that they disagree with me, it that they deny the truth, even if it is right in front of their face. Who's going to want to work with someone like that?

Reply to this post

Response to Springslips (Reply #4)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 09:23 AM

5. GOP World View

I read this on another thread and it resonated with me and my relatives, "Quite a bit of research has been done on how people form and retain the narratives that constitute their world view(s), and facts, especially contradictory facts not only do not change their opinions, but actually tend to reinforce their beliefs."

Reply to this post

Response to Blue4Texas (Reply #5)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 09:32 AM

6. Eventually, Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders may have...

a category for this, as a subcategory of delusional disorder or dementia: it's call Americano-Republicania

Reply to this post

Response to JackN415 (Reply #6)

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 10:03 AM

8. Thank you for making me laugh!

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 10:00 AM

7. Thanks for the intelligent read = REC

There is a lot of disgusting flotsam on this board sometimes, and it is great to have something intelligent presented instead of a freeper rant.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread