HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Republican Solution? Mov...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 11:08 PM

Republican Solution? Move FURTHER to the Right!

From Freepers.com...

We lost.

We the People got our teeth kicked down our throat.

I know that sounds harsh, but let's face it fellow Republicans, we're members of a party that failed to defeat a racist, dog-eating, homosexual agenda pushing piece of human garbage who isn't qualified to be a cashier at 7-11, let alone be President of the United States. We, the party of strong economies and national defense, failed as a party to dislodge an economically illiterate man who hates the US military with a passion. In short, this election was an absolute train wreck that may very well destroy the Republic.

Why did this happen, and more importantly, who do we blame ?

The Republican party, like a kid who can't sit still, refuses to learn. Moderate Republicanism and RINOs suck. They're about as exciting as lukewarm bath water. They stand for absolutely nothing. And yet, time and time again, ever since Reagan, they're all the Republican party offers on the presidential stage. Bob Dole ran a tepid, lackluster campaign in 1996 that ended in defeat, as did John McCain in 2008, and Mitt Romney in 2012. Yes Bush I and II won, but let's face the cold hard reality about them. Bush I shed his Reaganite skin like a rattlesnake the moment Ronaldus Magnus went back to his ranch and proceeded to lose to accused rapist Bill Caligula. Bush II won and was magnificent on the War on Terror, but was Herbert Hoover on domestic policy.

To this day, I still have no idea what any of the above folks ran on. (Except for the 2004 election, when it was rather clear it was either Bush or pray to Mecca.) Bush I ? He was Reagan's Veep. Bob Dole ? No idea. Bush II's first run ? I dunno, I voted for Pat Buchanan because it wasn't Conservative, whatever it was. John McCain ? Well, it was his turn. Romney ? He wasn't the guy who bowed to the inbred king of Saudi Arabia. They never gave me a real reason to support them, other than party loyalty. That's a horrid reason to vote for anyone. What's worse, they never gave libertarians, paleocons, Reagan Democrats, or independents a reason to vote for them, either. And hence, they lost (except for Bush II) and in some cases, in a rather embarrassing fashion.

Ladies and gentlemen, the reality of the situation is this: We the People need to take back the Republican party before we do anything else. We need to take over our local Republican parties and send the RINOs packing. Is it easier said than done ? Yep, but what choice do we have ? A third party won't save the day. Working with the communists in the Democrat party is unthinkable for a variety of obvious reasons. We need to stand up and say, "Dont Tread On Me."

19 replies, 1367 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to BlueDemKev (Original post)

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 11:10 PM

1. I hope this person uses Obamacare to get therapy or a good antipsychotic prescription n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 11:12 PM

2. please please please... run to the right

we need the house back in 14

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 11:15 PM

3. They have the bit in their teeth and their leaders have lost control.

Only thing to do is let them run off a cliff or into a tree.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 11:18 PM

4. Tip for repigs

Make sure you talk constantly about your feelings on rape and how it's a wonderful God-inspired event.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 11:23 PM

5. WRONG! As usual! There is no hope for them. This why...

The size of ideological groups varies slightly depending on the poll. Gallup/USA Today polling in June 2010 revealed that 42% of those surveyed identify as conservative, 35% as moderate, while 20% identify as liberal. In another polling in June 2010, 40% of American voters identify themselves as conservatives, 36% as moderates and 22% as liberals, with a strong majority of both liberals and conservatives describing themselves as closer to the center than to the extremes. In a 2005 study, the Pew Research Center identified nine typological groups. Three groups were identified as part of each, "the left," "the middle," and "the right." In this categorization system, "the right" roughly represents the Republican base, those on "the left" the Democratic base and those in "the middle" independents. Within the left are the largely secular and anti-war "Liberals", the socially conservative but economically left "Conservative Democrats", and the economically "Disadvantaged Democrats" who favor extended government assistance to the needy. In "the middle" are the optimistic and upwardly mobile "Upbeats", the discouraged and mistrusting "Disaffecteds," and the disenfranchised "Bystanders." The right compromises the highly pro-business "Enterprisers," the highly religious "Social Conservatives" (also known as the Christian right), and the "Pro-Government Conservatives" who are largely conservative on social issues but support government intervention to better their economic disposition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_ideologies_in_the_United_States

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 11:23 PM

6. "Our tent is too large; shrink it more" nt

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 11:25 PM

7. LOL, teabaggers DID "take back" the repuke party

THIS IS THE RESULT!!!

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 11:26 PM

8. How delusional.

This is hate in action. They don't know shit from apple butter.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 11:27 PM

9. I have an idea

Lets not discourage them from moving as far to the right as they can.

Reply to this post

10. I could only read a few sentences of this vile screed.

And now I'm going to go take a shower. Seriously.

Reply to this post

11. That's right, Freepers...

... turn right and keep on going. Eventually you will fall off your flat earth.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 11:28 PM

12. That person is obviously a very intelligent person and

I think the Republicans should follow his advice.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 11:29 PM

13. I truly hope they listen to this anonymous poster.

Perhaps he/she should think seriously about running on these ideas in 2016. The righteous certitude of this moron is quite impressive.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 11:31 PM

14. Please, yes, go right, all the way over the cliff! n/t

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 11:35 PM

15. Immolation

Repub self-immolation. Only problem the green house gases would be overwhelming. Don't do it on a no burn day.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 11:38 PM

16. Obama has a law degree from Havard, been a U.S. Senator and back to back President of the USA

fucking angry assed Walmart greeter

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 11:47 PM

17. That's what we're hoping for.

I'm ready to do it to them all over again. Rethugs. I'll be ready. We'll be ready.

We thrive on the great challenge, because that's what defines US. Not you. Us. As our forefathers have sacrificed, so too shall we. We're the patriots saving and perfecting our more perfect union. We're the ones who stand by our military before, during and after battle, funding what they need and making sure they are cared for after they return. We are them. We owe them. You walk over them.

We're going to make our economy, our air, and our water better, and leave our young with a better country than what was left for us, not the train reck that you left us with in 2007-2008. A seized banking system. Markets closed. Jobs and and economy in free-fall. Oh, that's right. You forgot about that part of your scorched Earth legacy. Unlike you, our memories work and we remember the devastation you left.

You think this Earth is something to be used up until it's a lump of spent coal and you could care less about the future, even the futures of your own children. That's unfathomable and shameful! Your archaic small mindedness will not be tolerated. We will see to that. You should find a way to begin participating cooperatively with us, because we've had enough of your bullshit.

If you come into this post election unhumbled, ignorant of the heeding the American people just voiced loud and clear, you're going to get a fight from all of us. You've challenged us before and we were ready.

YOU WANT A REMATCH? YOU GOT IT!

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 12:00 AM

18. That's the kind of crap that's kept me from opening my email for the past two days.

Thanks to you, I'm going to have to stay away from it for another three or four.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 12:38 AM

19. I kind of feel sad about this kid who can't sit still.

Can't sit still, but is accused of refusing to learn? Umm. But the poster's rant is all like that, full of muddled thoughts and bile. Ugh. Folks like this are scary. Sooner or later, the Repugs will win again. We have two parties and a system which makes it harder and harder for a third one to replace those which exist, or even realistically compete with them. If the other side moves in the direction demanded by the quoted post above, the viciously insane will have power again, sooner or later, and we'll have to come in afterward and try to clean up the mess again. So... it is scary.

See, we win big and I'm still a Nervous Nellie. I'm putting on my Peter Bagge "I've got problems" sign....

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread