HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » To all the MEN who don't ...

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 06:36 PM

To all the MEN who don't want their moms,

wives, sisters, aunts, GF, daughters, to be raped and be forced to bear their rapists babies by "God's Will", a big THANK YOU for standing with us.

And a big FU, to the the Repukes, for thinking that not just women, but their MEN, would support this.

6 replies, 764 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply To all the MEN who don't want their moms, (Original post)
HockeyMom Nov 2012 OP
Lithos Nov 2012 #1
StatGirl Nov 2012 #2
ProfessionalLeftist Nov 2012 #3
Iceberg Louie Nov 2012 #4
calico1 Nov 2012 #5
k2qb3 Nov 2012 #6

Response to HockeyMom (Original post)

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 06:41 PM

1. I still am having a hard time understanding their comments

I get it, but man they are so lost to be from another time and space.

I love the women in my life, I am working extremely hard so my daughters (and son) can *CHOOSE* their own life. I don't ever want them to feel threatened or placed under anyone's whip or chain (physical or mental).

Why would anyone want otherwise?

L-

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Lithos (Reply #1)

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 07:03 PM

2. It's simple -- women are invisible to them

You can tell by the language they use, like "The child in the womb" as if the womb is just floating around in space, being nourished by Jesus, rather than actually being attached to anyone.

These are the people who can stare right at a living, breathing human being, and *only* see the 23 chromosomes that some wandering male deposited in her.

It's a sickness.

Reply to this post

Response to StatGirl (Reply #2)

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 07:11 PM

3. They don't consider women human.

At all. To these particular men, women are just incubators for whenever (and HOWever) a male feels like dumping his sperm.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 07:26 PM

4. It's part of the CON-servative bubble

Being of the social-Darwinist mindset they are, likely many among Republican men have raped at some point in their life, rationalizing away any guilt over it with an ethos of patriarchal bravado. Much like Donald Trump looks around his room full of sycophants and says "Everyone I talk to thinks Obama's birth certificate is phony," these neanderthals assume all men are with them on this sense of phallocentric entitlement, or that men who believe in women's rights can be dismissed as "pussywhips" and "faggots" (sorry for the coarse language, but this is the lexicon among CON-servative males I've known).

Thankfully, as the pre-baby boomers die off, these Kramdenites become an ever-increasing minority. Redneck churchianity will never go away, but we can only hope that as society continues to progress, it will be further marginalized as their cock-worship obsession becomes further obsolete.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 07:34 PM

5. I would also like to add my thanks to the men

who care about women's issues and stand up for them.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 07:51 PM

6. Wow.

Every thread on this subject I'm amazed by what I read.

The rape exemption is the acid test for the pro-life position. The exemption wraps the issue up in a nice moderate sounding package that seems to avoid the ugliest moral ramifications of the issue, but it's a dodge, and is completely unworkable as an actual policy, give it a minutes thought.

These guys took the position you eventually have to take to be both pro-life and coherent and then tried to find a way to defend it... and the whole world soundly rejected it.

Don't be so quick to demonize these people as rapists themselves or women-haters or whatever crazy theory you want to put forward that you miss what has actually occurred, which is SOOO much better than a couple of jerks getting their just electoral deserts.

The political viability of the pro-life movement just self-destructed before our eyes, go visit any conservative message board and look at what they're saying.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread