HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » If the House GOP keeps ob...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 09:20 AM

If the House GOP keeps obstructing, make them pay in the 2014 elections

If there is any more teabagger crap from the House Repukes, it should be made explicitly clear to them that this can and will be used against them in the 2014 mid-term elections.

The Democratic challengers for those House seats will need to point out every obstructive vote against job creation, health coverage, the social safety net and other major issues, and ask voters if this obstruction is acceptable.

Whoever heads the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee might as well start framing these issues now, make it clear to the 'baggers and the public, and keep tabs on every single vote, to prepare for 2014.

5 replies, 990 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply If the House GOP keeps obstructing, make them pay in the 2014 elections (Original post)
LiberalEsto Nov 2012 OP
underthematrix Nov 2012 #1
JustAnotherGen Nov 2012 #2
Scuba Nov 2012 #3
MightyAfrodite Nov 2012 #4
LiberalEsto Nov 2012 #5

Response to LiberalEsto (Original post)

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 09:24 AM

1. I plan to start donating money to make sure

the House is completely. I am so sick of the obstruction.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 09:25 AM

2. But at the same time

We can't harness in Leftist Progressive and Populist House Democratics. We can't say "do anything to hold onto your seat so we keep what we have". Which tends to happen when we focus too much on the next election as opposed to keeping constant pressure on the legislators we have. We have House Republicans in charge - but we also have people like Alan Grayson coming back to D.C.

I would rather he shame Leonard Lance (NJ 7th) who paints himself as 'moderate' than waste one ounce of energy on any TEA Party Candidate who was elected at the District Level. The people of that TEA Party District somewhere in America are AOK with their candidate - I suspect their state went 'red' for the Presidential and Senatorial campaigns.

But here in NJ 7th? With one of the wealthiest counties in American that went for Obama? Legislators like Grayson can SHAME SHAME SHAME Leonard Lance into getting with the program . . . just by reminding him his community might have voted for him - but they also voted for Obama and Menendez.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 09:31 AM

3. May 'em pay anyway. A few months of cooperation will not absolve them of their treasonous crimes.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 09:36 AM

4. Scuba ...

I'm with you on that!! They gleefully made their beds these last four years - disrespecting our POTUS at every turn, and totally discounting the will of the American people, and we're supposed to forgive after two years of cooperation? I don't think so!!

Reply to this post

Response to MightyAfrodite (Reply #4)

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 03:30 PM

5. I doubt we'll get anything like two years of cooperation

Especially if they decide to continue upholding Grover Nordquist's anti-tax pledge.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread