HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » The lack of any detailed ...

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 08:30 AM

The lack of any detailed coverage

When you drill down into this election cycle...all the way down to State assembly, propositions, initiatives, etc...I find a very stark shift pointing towards Democrats/Progressives. At least here in California.

The mainstream reporting seems to be hung up on which parties control the national Executive, Senate, and House bodies while proclaiming, "see...nothing has changed...same old gridlock".

---

2 replies, 544 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply The lack of any detailed coverage (Original post)
SHRED Nov 2012 OP
CreekDog Nov 2012 #1
SHRED Nov 2012 #2

Response to SHRED (Original post)

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 08:33 AM

1. California had a watershed night, portending *major* change

Californians voted for TWO tax increase measures, one across the board increase that will hit most Californians. (Prop. 30)

Californians gave the Democrats more than 2/3rds majorities in both houses of the legislatures, rendering the Republicans completely irrelevant in a state that gives the 1/3 a ton of legislative power. In other words, the voters raised taxes and produced a legislature that could raise them more.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to CreekDog (Reply #1)

Thu Nov 8, 2012, 09:00 AM

2. I read somewhere first time since 1933?

My hope is that we can get something good done for this State without the gridlock of the past.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread