HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » CNN now Saying they Knew ...

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 06:18 PM

CNN now Saying they Knew all along Obama would Win

No surprise its Wolf Blitzer crowing their genius. And saying all the polls were virtually precise and only the gop pundits were wrong. Awww...for the last month CNN was saying it was a tie and leaning to a Romney win. And now today, they are saying they knew all along Obama was going to win. Bullshit.

At least he did bring up Nate Silver's name in quick passing. So that's good. Outside these 3 statistician academics (Drew Linzer -- likely to be the most accurate of the 3 when FL is decided for 2012, and Sam Wang were the only other two that got it 50 out of 50 + DC) it was a bloodbath in shitty pollsters. How can anyone with a straight face say they all were very precise?

12 replies, 1877 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 12 replies Author Time Post
Reply CNN now Saying they Knew all along Obama would Win (Original post)
boingboinh Nov 2012 OP
TTUBatfan2008 Nov 2012 #1
Cosmocat Nov 2012 #4
LTR Nov 2012 #2
colsohlibgal Nov 2012 #3
ready2go83 Nov 2012 #5
fugop Nov 2012 #8
ProudProgressiveNow Nov 2012 #10
democrattotheend Nov 2012 #6
TheZug Nov 2012 #7
jaseycake Nov 2012 #9
Spitfire of ATJ Nov 2012 #11
OldDem2012 Nov 2012 #12

Response to boingboinh (Original post)

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 06:19 PM

1. Wolf is full of crap

Last night he got sooooooo excited when Romney pulled ahead by 500 votes in Florida with around 75% counted. He was pushing the "close race" angle very hard. Too bad for him Broward and Miami-Dade still had to be counted.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TTUBatfan2008 (Reply #1)

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 06:43 PM

4. LOOK AT THIS!

he was BREATHLESS when noting a state Romney won.

LOOK AT THIS, North Dakota, with -12 electoral votes for Mitt Romney!

The standard MO for mainstream idiots - SLIGHT 3 lead for the President in Wisconsin, while Mitt Romney maintains a 1 point lead in North Carolina.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 06:25 PM

2. Too close to call

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 06:35 PM

3. Nice Revisionist History

The amazing thing about last night is that Obama could have lost both Ohio and Florida and still won. It's nice that he didn't lose either though - it's just a matter of time with FLA but it's inevitable, Jeb Bush knew it last night.

If the republicans keep tacking John Birch right they will go the way of the Whigs. Every year tons of old white men depart this earth while tons of young people reach voting age, all bad for the right. Add in the changing demographics that will soon put Texas and Arizona in play and the R's have big problems.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 06:46 PM

5. They knew that

They knew all along, but they put in place a horserace for ratings. After all, they are a business.

Reply to this post

Response to ready2go83 (Reply #5)

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 06:59 PM

8. + a gazillion!

They lied. They gleefully helped bring Obama's numbers down by setting the narrative, cherrypicking polls unfavorable to Obama, and amped up the horserace. Today pundits acted all offended by outlier polls like Ras and Gallup, but at the time they propped up every bad news poll they could find. Todd on MSNBC this morning got hailed by the MJ panel for his great Marist Polls, leaving out how he barely reported them or even unskewed them so he could continue the farce.

Now we're supposed to reward them for the polls they ignored for weeks? Screw them!

(And I believe every one if them knew Obama was killing it last night from exits, but ... RATINGS!!! Notice after the fact quite a dew had the "Two hours ago my source told me but I couldn't report it." Which I get. What pisses me off is the dragging out and dramatizing of things they already know are mostly over.)

Sirry for the rant. I'm just so disappointed in them all.)

Reply to this post

Response to fugop (Reply #8)

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 07:08 PM

10. +1000 nt

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 06:50 PM

6. They probably did

But they never want to treat an election like a foregone conclusion before people vote or be accused by either side of depressing their enthusiasm by writing them off.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 06:51 PM

7. And Chuck Toad was crowing about NBC's polling too.

They have no shame.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 07:05 PM

9. i can't stand him.

wolf blitzer is useless. cnn has been dead to be for such a long time.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 08:42 PM

11. Hey Wolf, not only will we remember this but you have me to deal with,...

I remember your constant fear mongering after 9/11. Your tag line going into commercial was "Stay tuned to CNN for all of your security needs" as you twisted EVERYTHING to make it sound like the terrorists were EVERYWHERE. You even tried to leave viewers with the impression that a bank robbery was terrorist related, claiming that's how they fund themselves.

A local sheriff told you that you were full of shit and you twisted it to sound like he had contacted homeland security when he didn't because it was a fucking BANK ROBBERY that had NOTHING to do with terrorism.

You had people afraid to go out of the house.

A little trip down the memory hole,...a popular web strip called "User Friendly" from Halloween 2002...

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 08:51 PM

12. Lying sacks of elephant dung. nt.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread