HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Bill O'Reilly: 50% of Ame...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 12:28 PM

Bill O'Reilly: 50% of Americans "Want Stuff"

He said, "it's a changing country" (whites not the majority) and "50% of the people want stuff." Essentially black and latinos believe they are entitled to free stuff paid for by poor oppressed white Americans. I couldn't believe my ears! I'm not even exaggerating. Listen for yourself.

Bill O'Reilly is what's wrong with the Republican Party. Thank God we won and people like him are no longer in the White House. This was a big victory over the small-minded bigots in this country.

24 replies, 2252 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 24 replies Author Time Post
Reply Bill O'Reilly: 50% of Americans "Want Stuff" (Original post)
RosedaleGuy Nov 2012 OP
Angry Dragon Nov 2012 #1
sabrina 1 Nov 2012 #2
RosedaleGuy Nov 2012 #8
valerief Nov 2012 #3
Drale Nov 2012 #4
Carni Nov 2012 #16
Scuba Nov 2012 #5
Eleanors38 Nov 2012 #6
union_maid Nov 2012 #7
RosedaleGuy Nov 2012 #10
ffr Nov 2012 #9
bongbong Nov 2012 #11
Warren Stupidity Nov 2012 #12
Carni Nov 2012 #13
NoOneMan Nov 2012 #14
Johnny2X2X Nov 2012 #15
jaseycake Nov 2012 #17
BlueToTheBone Nov 2012 #18
Hutzpa Nov 2012 #19
nobunnyclue Nov 2012 #23
NightOwwl Nov 2012 #20
nobunnyclue Nov 2012 #21
calico1 Nov 2012 #22
ncav53 Nov 2012 #24

Response to RosedaleGuy (Original post)

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 12:30 PM

1. TPRTH

tiny penis republican talking head

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 12:30 PM

2. Lol, I thought it was only 47%? n/t

Reply to this post

Response to sabrina 1 (Reply #2)

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 12:37 PM

8. After the election they recalculated

it's now 50% since they lost. Romney tried to disown his 47% comment but listening to O'Reilly and Limbaugh it's obvious that this is how many Republicans think. They say they're not racist yet here he is saying that blacks and latinos are lazy moochers. I guess I'm shocked because I don't listen to O'Reilly often. I thought he was more of a rational Republican. This is blatantly racist statement spoken on national TV.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 12:31 PM

3. Yes, Billo, we all want falafels. nt

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 12:31 PM

4. You must be fairly new to politics

if you listen to something Bill O'Reilly said and was shocked by it. The man is a bigot and with a few twists of faith could have been worst then Hitler. Between him and Rush, they have done more damage to this country and any republican elected in the last 60 years.

Reply to this post

Response to Drale (Reply #4)

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 12:48 PM

16. I am so not new to politics...

Very familiar with Bill O and bigoted stupidity, but he has exceeded my expectations with this.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 12:32 PM

5. Yeah, Billo. We want things like education so we can understand things like, say, tides.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 12:33 PM

6. Well, just under 50% DID get stuffed.nt

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 12:34 PM

7. A younger relative is a waiter

at a place where both Billo and Hannity go - not ever together. They are not friends. Anyway, he says that Billo is quiet when he's there, always comes in with various other people and never pays his own tab. Sounds like he wants "stuff" when he can get it. Typical conservative tranference. The servers there also say that Hannity is just a dick to everyone and a bad tipper.

Reply to this post

Response to union_maid (Reply #7)

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 12:38 PM

10. Hopes he puts "stuff" in their food

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 12:37 PM

9. Who's Bill O'Reilly?

Another angry RWNJ by the looks of it.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 12:39 PM

11. Billo

Don't worry, loofahs won't be regulated under Obama.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 12:40 PM

12. that seems to be today's post defeat narrative.

they are going all in on the 47% moocher theory.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 12:41 PM

13. WOW!

So let me get this straight...Blacks and Latinos and Women are just a bunch of Freeloaders who "want stuff" and the white guys are the only ones who "earn stuff" or get "free stuff" (aka corporate WELFARE FOOTED BY THE TAXPAYERS) because THEY deserve it.

This guy goes on television and freely admits this bigotry is the Republican party platform?

Hey, I say give him more air time...let us "freeloaders" see how the GOP really sees us!

I hope someone is saving this clip for use during the next election cycle...

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 12:44 PM

14. Everyone wants stuff

And everyone wants more stuff than they've worked for--thats on of the basic characteristics of modern civilization. Almost every animal and low-tech human live in a state of energy equilibrium: every joule they output efficiently brings in a near surplus of joules (surplus of which is used strictly for reproduction and maturation, thereby becoming moot in a stable population over time).

In civilization, we want a much larger energy return than the actual human work we do (on a joule basis). We used to eat more to accomplish this (using agriculture), then we warred more (to take other people's energy spoils). It then became apparent to use slavery and animal husbandry to utilize energy of other entities for a larger return. Somewhere along the way we found oil, which allowed us great returns for the amount of work we do. Its in this oil-world that a loud-mouth like O'Reilly can sit there and "talk" for a major reward in energy/capital. He does basically nothing, and is vastly rewarded by a world run on war, oil and slavery. Why is it any more just that he should be allocated vast amounts for talking? Its not.

With all that said, from a political standpoint, they need to kill the meme already. Its old. The right crafted this message this go around and it simply didn't play. It had a chance for a while, but the election proved that people, by in large, didn't buy it.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 12:46 PM

15. Wow

Tuned into Rush for his 1st 10 minutes today, that's what they are all saying. Basically they are repeating the 47% comment of Romney. If they keep this up and don;t do some self examination, they will be finished as a major party.

You can;t tell 50% of the people that they are lazy parasites and win.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 12:58 PM

17. oh my gosh!

yes, obama won because "those hispanics, blacks, and women" want free money from the government. or wait, maybe they just want equality and equal opportunity. what do they know? mitt romney let the NAACP know that he is the best candidate for their interests ages ago. i guess they didn't buy it!

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 01:00 PM

18. Yes, and they're Republicans. The rest of us pay taxes. n/t

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 01:21 PM

19. Let me correct you Bill

The White establishment feels they're entitled to "stuff" they feel they can use and abused anyone that does not look like them into slavery. The White establishment wants to destroy the very safety net that they used to become successful just as they did with sporting facilities, using taxpayers money, then overcharge people to use the very same facilities that taxpayers paid for, so Bill, who exactly wants stuff? You fucking over privileged jerka$$.

Reply to this post

Response to Hutzpa (Reply #19)

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 02:48 PM

23. Amen! The Stuff they want includes...

automatic weapons, so they can single-handedly mow down the masses if they trespass on their property. They want "government services" in the form of a police force to come when they call so the can preserve the exclusion premiums they make others pay to use "their stuff". They want a big warehouse with bars on the door and the windows to keep the folks who don't respect their stuff. And they want to stuff themselves at the trough of government bailouts when it suits their purpose.

A bailout for the guy with a Ferrari who was misleading folks, gambling with other peoples money, SURE!

A bailout for the guy who worked hard and wanted to buy a house TO LIVE IN somewhere that his kids could go to "the 99.9% white" public school and be safe where the police show up when you call and people still thing the biggest threat to public health is grass that isn't mowed every week! Screw him. I mean, he probably didn't even hire a gardener to cut his grass, selfish bastard!

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 01:31 PM

20. The Welfare Queen myth is alive and well.

I'm really tired of this meme. 50 years they have been spreading this lie, and unfortunately, I know people who believe it without question.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 02:40 PM

21. So let's see that huge segment of consumers ust stop buying ...

... "stuff". You'll see these guys then complain that all those minorities are undermining the economy because they aren't spending and are "putting themselves first" instead of supporting US retail.

The American economy has survived on the back of over consumption for years. Whether it is a minority burger flipper wearing $200 NIKE's, or a mega-millionaire buying up real estate like his greenbacks are monopoly money, it's the same idea. Only the first one just wants to get RESPECT in a culture of tangible status symbols, is happy with his stuff until the next "must have hip thing" comes along.

But the latter wants to consume in a different way - like a game of monopoly, he wants to be there first, then earn rents on non-productive activity simply by virtue of "ownership". Buy low, sell high, charge more than you paid.

That's not to say there aren't wealthy people / corporations with resources making REAL investments, but if anyone was paying attention in economics 101, rent earning behavior is NOT a real investment.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 02:41 PM

22. Poor Whites get plenty of "stuff."

And this Latina has never gotten any "stuff" save for a few times I have gotten unemployment.

I wish they'd stop with this shit. It's getting old.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 03:10 PM

24. It's funny because the red states are the biggest freeloading states in America.

Not to mention the poorest.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread