HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » There are two overarching...

Thu Oct 25, 2012, 08:33 PM

There are two overarching reasons why Obama MUST win

One is the Supreme Court. That is obvious and often discussed.

The other is every bit as important, but I haven't heard it discussed at all.

The economy is recovering. That is clear. The next 4 years are going to be better than the 4 post-Bush years no matter who is President. Obama endured the pain of the Bush train wreck and has put us on a good course. The very worst thing that could happen is for a Republican to get in there and enjoy several years of relative prosperity. They would claim THEY were the ones to turn the economy around.

Obama must get 4 more years. Democrats have paid a dear price to do what is right for the country and the economy. We deserve to get credit for that over the next 4 years.

And if that does happen, there will be the clearest possible track record. 8 years ending in prosperity under Clinton. 8 years ending in disaster under Bush. 8 years ending in prosperity under Obama.

1 replies, 797 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply There are two overarching reasons why Obama MUST win (Original post)
BlueStreak Oct 2012 OP
wishlist Oct 2012 #1

Response to BlueStreak (Original post)

Thu Oct 25, 2012, 09:37 PM

1. I have often thought about Repubs taking credit for improving economy

The other important issue for me is Obamacare being fully implemented. As long as Obama goes back in, the program will unfold and be in place permanently and never repealed allowing millions more people to have adequate medical care.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread