HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » A couple of things

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:16 PM

A couple of things

I am on the road for work in Chicago and what a progressive city it is, as this is the first time I have been here in awhile. A couple of items on the board sort of bothered me tonight here at DU:

1. Let's get off Rachel Maddows back, in my opinion, she is one of the best progressive journalists around. I would rather her be taking a questionable attitude about Obama winning rather than a cheerleading attitude. We need people to be scared of a Romney regime, get people off their ass to the polls to bring this one home. Let Rachel keep tossing doubt out there to insure that we show up at the polls in masses.

2. We need to get more people to commit to giving time to help Obama, no matter if you can only spare a couple of hours. Those couple of hours influencing just a few people can make a big difference. The truth that you share to these people will be parroted by this people to numerous others in their circle.

3. I live in Florida, I sent in both my ballot and wife's ballot by mail over two weeks ago, but it has not been processed. Made a call to the Florida Attorney Generals Office (she is a partisan Republican) and told them that if these ballots are not located and counted by the end of the business day on Friday, all hell will break loose for them. I told them that I do not trust Gov. Scott that he is a liar and it is widely known that Pam Bondi (AG) is also not the most trustworthy person. I told the puppet on the phone that I voted a straight DEM ticket and against all 11 Republican amendments on the ballot, so it is quite strange that, as did my spouse, but it is quite strange that these ballots have not been counted, or returned in the mail. I tossed in the name of my brother-in-law, one of the top political writers for the Tampa Bay Times, so this could get quite interesting, as I have no qualms about smashing heads with these people.

Obama needs all the help we can give him to take ohio, it is the key, Florida is going to be tough, but if we take Ohio this one is over!

1 replies, 372 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply A couple of things (Original post)
Mojo2 Oct 2012 OP
ProudToBeBlueInRhody Oct 2012 #1

Response to Mojo2 (Original post)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:39 PM

1. How do you know they haven't been counted?

Do they send you a receipt or something?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread