HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Alternet "Report: Ro...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 07:33 PM

Alternet "Report: Romney Lied in Court And Then Screwed Over His Friend's Wife During Nasty Divorce

Report: Romney Lied in Court And Then Screwed Over His Friend's Wife During Nasty Divorce With Staples Founder

By Alex Kane at AlterNet

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/report-romney-lied-court-and-then-screwed-over-his-friends-wife-during-nasty

"SNIP...................................................

The story goes like this: Staples founder Tom Stemberg was in the midst of a nasty divorce with his wife Maureen Stemberg Sullivan. Romney, a friend of Stemberg’s who invested in his company, testified in court that Staples was not worth very much. Staple’s stock was “overvalued,” Romney said in court, adding, “I didn't place a great deal of credibility in the forecast of the company's future.”

Romney’s testimony helped ensure that Maureen received very little money when the divorce case was resolved. But the controversy comes from this: “We're told just weeks after the divorce ended, Romney and Tom went to Goldman Sachs and cashed in THEIR stock for a fortune. Short story -- Romney allegedly lied to help his friend and screw the friend's wife over.”

TMZ doesn’t stop there. They also report that as Sullivan was suffering from cancer and multiple sclerosis, Stemberg canceled her health insurance. The kicker is that Stemberg was then working with Romney as a health care adviser.

The divorce trial is attracting attention now as famous lawyer Gloria Allred, representing Maureen Stemberg Sullivan, goes to court to “tell a judge that does not object to unsealing testimony given by presidential candidate Mitt Romney in her divorce case,” the Washington Post reports.

....................................................SNIP"

8 replies, 1218 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to applegrove (Original post)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 07:38 PM

2. What will it take for the World to finally acknowledge that Mitt is a horrible person..

.. devoid of any true morality or empathy? We keep seeing this bombshells about his 47% comments, etc. etc. etc., and still people haven't seemed to figure it out. He's a horrible, horrible, person. His primary opponents know this, the media knows this. He has no real friends, other than paid shills and surrogates on TV.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 08:05 PM

3. I smell another fritzmas guys. I thinks it's better to concentrate on real issues and GOTV.

Just my opinion.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 08:08 PM

4. This is why I liked this story - not short and sweet it lingers

Allred (not really a fan) will get her payday and hopefully so will Maureen but this is a story that lingers around like a fart in a basement party

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:05 PM

5. Meh -TMZ is on the same level as National Enquirer

when the link goes to a mainstream source then it is worth posting

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:13 PM

6. That is a Kicker! And, so what if it's TMZ..they do have Scoops.

TMZ doesn’t stop there. They also report that as Sullivan was suffering from cancer and multiple sclerosis, Stemberg canceled her health insurance. The kicker is that Stemberg was then working with Romney as a health care adviser.

Freaking republiCONS and their WAR ON WOMEN!

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:19 PM

7. I wonder if Romney could be in serious trouble for perjury or if there might be conflict of interest

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:29 PM

8. This falls in line with the type "work"

he did screwing people out of jobs and money and his misogony against women (the way he treated women as a Mormon bishop andother things)! This man is bad news, especially for women!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread