HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Romney is the trojan hors...

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 07:28 PM

Romney is the trojan horse candidate for the tea party extremists.

I used to think that the tea party was stuck with Romney, and that Mitt was some old school republican who didnt buy into their crude social beliefs (and maybe some of their economic ones too). I used to think Romney was the least crazy of the republican circus. He is the consummate politician that says whatever he needs whenever he needs to.

But after the choice of Ryan, the Aiken incident, and the now the Murdock one I realize that Romney is just a shell to get the "moderate" vote when in actuality the Tea Party is, and has been, the republican party all along. Its like putting a bottled water label on poison. The Ryan vice presidency, the congress, and state elected offices are dominated by the most vile and ill scum in modern western politics. Romney's presidency will bring a cancer to this nation (and world). If you have any friends who are disillusioned with Obama or think Romney 'isnt that extreme' you need to let them know that even though he may be elected, the savage drunk will be behind the wheel.

8 replies, 604 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Romney is the trojan horse candidate for the tea party extremists. (Original post)
Firebirds01 Oct 2012 OP
libdem4life Oct 2012 #1
tk2kewl Oct 2012 #2
Firebirds01 Oct 2012 #6
JiminyJominy Oct 2012 #3
Mz Pip Oct 2012 #4
Autumn Colors Oct 2012 #5
Firebirds01 Oct 2012 #7
Proud Liberal Dem Oct 2012 #8

Response to Firebirds01 (Original post)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 07:33 PM

1. A DUer statement...When they opened up the Trojan Horse, the workers were eating lunch

and on strike. A bit of humor...I probably didn't get it right, but worth the retelling.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 07:37 PM

2. great post!

I keep trying to push bait-and-switch as a description of the RobMe campaign but can't get any love for it.

His wife said as much on The View when she said he campaigned as pro-choice and governed as "pro-life"

Reply to this post

Response to tk2kewl (Reply #2)

Thu Oct 25, 2012, 10:15 PM

6. Thanks

I agree. They try to paint Romney as a moderate since the primary but that clearly is a front for a very partisan and extreme group.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 07:37 PM

3. Preaching

to the choir.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 07:39 PM

4. Mitt has no core beliefs

So he will be more than willing to pander to the baggers if it helps him get elected. Then, he will have to deliver big time for them if he wants to get reelected. These are the ones that vote in primaries.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 08:00 PM

5. All they'd need is for his "mental well being" to go ....

enough where he's declared unfit to govern and then we end up with a President Ryan.

How scary is THAT thought?

Reply to this post

Response to Autumn Colors (Reply #5)

Thu Oct 25, 2012, 10:16 PM

7. +1

Mitt is afraid of angering right wing repuglicans.

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 25, 2012, 10:19 PM

8. He is the "auto pen" candidate Grover Norquist said he wanted IMHO

Unfortunately, it looks like his Republicans will not only be unable to pass the Ryan Budget but will not get their "auto pen" in the WH either.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread