HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Mourdock apologizes for ‘...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 02:28 PM

Mourdock apologizes for ‘misinterpretation’ of rape comments, Obama campaign pounces

This guy apologizes for the interpretation? And Romney won't rescind his ad or support? What more is there to say about these to misogynist jerks?

Mourdock apologizes for ‘misinterpretation’ of rape comments, Obama campaign pounces

Posted by Aaron Blake and Chris Cillizza on October 24, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Indiana Republican Senate candidate Richard Mourdock on Wednesday insisted his comments about rape and pregnancy were being willfully misinterpreted for political gain even as President Obama’s campaign sought to ensnare Mitt Romney in the growing controversy.

“If there was any interpretation other than what I intended, I really regret that,” Mourdock said in an midday press conference in the Hoosier State. He added: “Anyone who goes to the video tape and views that understands fully what I meant.”

“Governor Romney disagrees with Richard Mourdock’s comments, and they do not reflect his views,” Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul said in a statement Tuesday night. But, on Wednesday Saul said that Romney would not rescind his endorsement of Mourdock or ask that the recent endorsement ad he cut for the Indiana Republican be removed from the airwaves.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2012/10/24/mourdock-god-intended-for-babies-to-result-from-rape/

5 replies, 808 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Mourdock apologizes for ‘misinterpretation’ of rape comments, Obama campaign pounces (Original post)
courseofhistory Oct 2012 OP
The Magistrate Oct 2012 #1
DearAbby Oct 2012 #2
The Magistrate Oct 2012 #3
LeftishBrit Oct 2012 #4
magical thyme Oct 2012 #5

Response to courseofhistory (Original post)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 02:32 PM

1. Nobody Mis-Interpreted These Comments, Sir

Mourdock said pregnancy resulting from rape was part of God's plan: therefore the rape is part of God's plan, the rapist being God's instrument to knock the lady up, and acting in accordance with God's will when he rapes her. She defies God's will if she struggles against him, in fact....

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to The Magistrate (Reply #1)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 03:00 PM

2. Well said. May I please add...

Governor Romney shows, by his continued support of this candidate, that he has no core convictions or principles, but those of the party.

Reply to this post

Response to DearAbby (Reply #2)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 03:38 PM

3. My Guess, Ma'am, Is That He Actually Agrees With This Candidate, and the Republican Party On This

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 06:59 PM

4. I love it when people say 'I apologize for the misinterpretation of my comments'...

I.e. I apologize that someone was listening when I put my foot into my mouth!

He made the comments; he should own them!

Vile man, anyway.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 07:04 PM

5. Dear Mr. Moudock, we didn't misinterpret anything.

We are not stupid and we resent your implication that we are.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread