HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Maybe "Our" Ta...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 11:21 AM

Maybe "Our" Talking Heads Can Grow A Spine And Go On TV Today And Say O Is Winning

We can not let the right wing set the agenda. If I see Matt Miller or Rachel Maddow pushing the "trajectory favors Romney" meme I'm going to toss my cookies.

2 replies, 522 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Maybe "Our" Talking Heads Can Grow A Spine And Go On TV Today And Say O Is Winning (Original post)
DemocratSinceBirth Oct 2012 OP
earthside Oct 2012 #1
DemocratSinceBirth Oct 2012 #2

Response to DemocratSinceBirth (Original post)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 11:28 AM

1. Man...I cannot stand Matt Miller.

Talk about your old "wine and cheese liberal" that set the party back a decade in the 1980s -- that is the Matt Miller mindset.

But you are correct. The Rmoney-bots are winning the messaging war right now, the expectations game. This is important as we saw in the 2000 presidential election. When Bush's cousin and FoxPAC-News called the election for Bush, that set in motion the notion that Gore and the Democrats were stealing something from Bush that he already possessed.

Democrats and the Obama campaign must pound, pound, pound that they are on the winning path, that the electoral college is growing more solid for them, they are moving back up in the national polls, etc.

In a very close election, where there maybe real voter theft going on, having the "we're winning" expectation is going to be critical.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to earthside (Reply #1)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 11:33 AM

2. I Can Remember KKRove Citing All The Polls In The Waning Days Of Campaign 00 Showing Bush* Winning

We really need more Democrats that can fight. Bob Shrum doesn't have the best track record with winning candidates but he's a fighter. I also think his success or lack of success can be attributed to forces beyond his control. Charles Blow is good. James Carville, despite the grief he gets here, is fighting and spinning for Obama. Chris Cilizza is good.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread