HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Allred and Trump *bombshe...

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:36 AM

Allred and Trump *bombshells*

In UK's Mail, supposedly the big bombshell Trump will be tweeting about today is about some "divorce" papers he's unearthed between the Obamas (not recent vintage - from several years ago). No details, but this has been something I've heard about previously. It's not "new" in any sense, and it after as many as 20 years of marriage, it wouldn't surprise me. Game changer? Don't know.

As to Allred's news, apparently it involves Romney's former business partner at Staples, Larry Stemberg and his ex-wife Maureen. It was centered around testimony between those two during their contentious divorce of several years ago. She's making all kinds of claims and is absolutely scathing in her hatred of both Mitt and "Queen Ann", whom she referred to as nasty. At the center of the whole thing, though, is the issue of custodial rights of a child. Note it didn't say children, but "a child". Some attorney spokesperson said that much of the "sealed" depositions and other records may not be available or recoverable.

14 replies, 1952 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 14 replies Author Time Post
Reply Allred and Trump *bombshells* (Original post)
Texin Oct 2012 OP
lalalu Oct 2012 #1
amuse bouche Oct 2012 #2
R. Daneel Olivaw Oct 2012 #13
kelly1mm Oct 2012 #3
Bluenorthwest Oct 2012 #7
kelly1mm Oct 2012 #10
nobunnyclue Oct 2012 #4
demgrrrll Oct 2012 #5
ChangeUp106 Oct 2012 #6
Bluenorthwest Oct 2012 #9
JiminyJominy Oct 2012 #8
bongbong Oct 2012 #11
RomneyLies Oct 2012 #12
Kablooie Oct 2012 #14

Response to Texin (Original post)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:42 AM

1. I wish they both would go away.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:57 AM

2. I'm pretty sure

the so called divorce papers were 'uncovered' in 09

Reply to this post

Response to amuse bouche (Reply #2)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 11:48 AM

13. Trump is bring up a divorce that never occured?

Is it one of his, or one of his to be?

People that live in glass houses...

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:57 AM

3. The only legs the Obama's divorce story will have is if adultry and/or abuse is alleged by

(presumably) Michelle. Other than that I don't think anyone would care.

Romneys issue needs to come out to see if it is an issue. If it is stock valuation not a big deal. If it is about him having a kid, o yeah that is a big deal.

Reply to this post

Response to kelly1mm (Reply #3)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 11:02 AM

7. Mendacious testimony regarding stock values can in fact be a huge, huge deal.

The victims of such lies are multiple. Misquoting stock values is often known as fraud. Lying about the worth of anything in order to protect the interests of one equal partner over another is fraud. Lying under oath is always a big deal, and Mitt gave sworn testimony as well as a deposition.

Reply to this post

Response to Bluenorthwest (Reply #7)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 11:07 AM

10. I would agree if the 'value' of the stock was used as part of the marital settlement. But, from

what I read, the Staples stock ended up being split between the parties, the actual stock, not the value. Thus, what would it matter if the stock was valued at $1 or $50? She got 1/2 the shares, whatever the value was.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:58 AM

4. Intersting

The key here is how these issues could influence the family values voters and women.

If the Obama campaign is smart, and if there is any merit to these paper, regardless of how dated they are, the campaign can use it to put Obama the human being up front and center -- recognizing that his most scathing critics have succeeded in demonizing him as someone less-than-American. As I said elsewhere, this would be a great opportunity to talk about the role of the Christian faith in the President's life... don't think that humanizing Dubbya as a guy who beat alcoholism and coke "with the help of God" didn't help him hold on to the "values" voters.

On the child custody case, it could be quite damning to have first hand details come about about how Mitt ran his businesses and expected his entourage to behave toward their family. In other words, if Mitt's influence was deemed to have been demeaning to women, dismissive of the importance of educating and empowering women, etc. Wouldn't it be a zinger to have testimony regarding custody of a daughter than says something to the effect, "And Larry is not going to provide little Suzy the opportunity to go to college. He and his buddy Mitt would sit around the table talking about how all girls need to get married by 18, and should have 8 kids." Then let's see whether Mr. LDS can keep his own personal beliefs about women out of public scrutiny!

EDIT: I see now he had all sons, and that it's Mitt's own testimony they are going after. So much for that idea...

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 11:00 AM

6. If I Was Obama...

As soon as Trump took the mic, I'd call Allred and tell her to stop whatever she is doing. She never confirmed she had a bombshell so it wouldn't look like she backed out. It would make Trump and the right wing look silly.

Reply to this post

Response to ChangeUp106 (Reply #6)

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 11:05 AM

9. Allred works for her client's interests. It is not acceptable for powerful people to

attempt to thwart the rights of that client.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 11:03 AM

8. Trump

has already said his info is nothing to do with divorce papers. he says its something else.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 11:20 AM

11. Really?

> "Queen Ann", whom she referred to as nasty.

I'm shocked. SHOCKED I tell you!

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 11:21 AM

12. The bombshells will be duds n/t

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 24, 2012, 12:01 PM

14. They've been trumped and both should be all red.

They both lobbed bumshells and cancelled each other out.

If someone had comitted murder it would be one thing but marital troubles and other personal affairs of the heart, or other parts, shouldn't be part of the presidential debate unless it goes directly against their stated policies.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread