HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Sean Hannity Confronted O...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Oct 3, 2012, 09:23 AM

Sean Hannity Confronted Over His Relationship With Neo-Nazi Hal Turner

Please note: First Posted: 03/31/08 06:12 AM ET Updated: 05/25/11 01:30 PM ET

The folks over at NewsHounds have been watching their Fox News Channel quarry dither over Senator Barack Obama's associations with pastor Jeremiah Wright, and noted Fox's own Sean Hannity getting himself tripped up in the guilt-by-association tango. Seems that one of Hannity's former close chums is a neo-Nazi named Hal Turner who used to be a radio host, is apparently the top man in Bergen, NJ white-supremacist circles, and probably spends a lot of his time in his basement with Star Wars action figures acting out Holocaust-denier versions of The Return of the Jedi. In short, just the sort of person with whom you'd imagine Sean Hannity spends a lot of formational time with.

Anyway, a few days ago, Hannity brought Malik Shabazz of the New Black Panther Party on the show. Shabazz and his organization had previously chosen to endorse Barack Obama, who subsequently rejected the endorsement. It was up to Hannity to make some hay out of this, but the tables got turned very quickly. From NewsHounds:

Hannity added, "What I don't think you're understanding here, Malik, is that when you hear the minister of him for 20 years, when you hear the associations with Louis Farrakhan, one of the biggest racists and anti-Semites in the country, what you're not understanding is, America hears extremism at its worst."

Shabazz responded, "Let me ask you this. Are you to be judged by your promotion and association with Hal Turner?"

Continue Reading:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/03/23/sean-hannity-confronted-o_n_92961.html

---------------------------

Neo Nazi/White Supremacist Hal Turner Confirms Friendship And Kinship With Sean Hannity

Reported by Ellen - March 23, 2008

Earlier in the week, Sean Hannity denied, albeit in contradictory terms, ever having a relationship with neo Nazi/white supremacist Hal Turner. As I posted the night Hannity was confronted about Turner, the evidence conflicts with Hanniy’s claims. Now Turner has confirmed their friendship and their sympatico views in a blog post called, “About Sean Hannity and Me. . . . . Yes, we were friends and yes, Sean agreed with some of my views.”

In his post (Warning: not for the faint of heart) that reveals just what kind of guy he is, Turner writes:

In my opinion, based on my first hand experience, I believe Sean Hannity is, in fact, a Hal Turner sort of guy. It seems to me that a big difference between Sean and me is that I am willing to say publicly what I think about savage Black criminals, diseased, uneducated illegal aliens and the grotesque cultural destruction wrought by satanic jews while Sean and many others keep quiet to protect their paychecks.

We have cited many times an article in The Nation as evidence that Turner and Hannity were palsy. In his post, Turner calls the author, Max Blumenthal, a “douche bag sodomite,” but Blumenthal’s account is essentially confirmed by Turner’s:

Continue reading:
http://www.newshounds.us/2008/03/23/neo_naziwhite_supremacist_hal_turner_confirms_friendship_and_kinship_with_sean_hannity.php

8 replies, 2878 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Sean Hannity Confronted Over His Relationship With Neo-Nazi Hal Turner (Original post)
DonViejo Oct 2012 OP
Demonaut Oct 2012 #1
DonViejo Oct 2012 #2
monmouth Oct 2012 #3
DonViejo Oct 2012 #4
Trajan Oct 2012 #5
DonViejo Oct 2012 #6
larkrake Oct 2012 #7
Comrade_McKenzie Oct 2012 #8

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Wed Oct 3, 2012, 09:46 AM

1. this is ancient news, no offense but we discussed this years back

now it would be great to see what they wear this halloween

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Demonaut (Reply #1)

Wed Oct 3, 2012, 09:57 AM

2. Yeah, so? Do you mean it cannot be posted and discussed again?

What about DU members that were not around in your "ancient" times to discuss this? Are you suggesting they aren't worthy to discuss it now? And if you have to say "no offense," you actually mean "hope you're offended by my comment" Did you bother to read the first line of this post, you know, the one that reads "Please Note"

Reply to this post

Response to DonViejo (Reply #2)

Wed Oct 3, 2012, 10:07 AM

3. Please cut the snark. This is old news, just like the Obama "Newsbreaking" Sludge report..n/t

Reply to this post

Response to monmouth (Reply #3)

Wed Oct 3, 2012, 10:10 AM

4. Now truth is labelled as "snark." Thanks for pointing it out!

Reply to this post

Response to DonViejo (Reply #4)

Wed Oct 3, 2012, 10:13 AM

5. Every utterance out of your mouth is now declared 'truth' ?

They said it was old ... It IS old ....

The snark is your response ..... which is truly snarky ....

Get a fucking grip ....

Reply to this post

Response to Trajan (Reply #5)

Wed Oct 3, 2012, 11:06 AM

6. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa

I'm not a member of the "I posted more than 10,000 comments on DU" club therefore anything I say is snark, while what you lofty ones righteously pontificate about is meaningful and worthy of discussion. Have you taken pictures of yourself while mounted on your high horse?

Reply to this post

Response to Demonaut (Reply #1)

Wed Oct 3, 2012, 11:20 AM

7. I didnt know about it, thanks OP

Reply to this post

Response to larkrake (Reply #7)

Wed Oct 3, 2012, 12:43 PM

8. This was news to me as well. Thanks! nt

Reply to this post