HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Paul Ryan Tells Florida S...

Sat Sep 22, 2012, 06:35 PM

Paul Ryan Tells Florida Seniors That Obamacare Includes Death Panels

Paul Ryan likened a mechanism to control health care spending to “death panels,” during a town hall at the University of Central Florida in Orlando on Saturday.

After listening to Ryan repeatedly call for the repeal of the Affordable Care Act, an elderly man asked the Republican vice presidential nominee about “the death panels.” Rather than dissuading the man from what PolitiFact named 2009′s Lie of the Year, Ryan laughed and responded, “that’s not the word I’d choose to use to describe it. It’s actually called….the Independent Payment Advisory Board”:

QUESTION: We love you Paul. But I’m getting long in years. Will you address the death panels that we’re going to have?

RYAN: The death panels, well! That’s not the word I’d choose to use to describe it. It’s actually called. It’s actually called, so in Medicare, what I refer to as this board of 15 bureaucrats. It’s called the Independent Payment Advisory Board. It sounds fairly innocuous.

Read more and Watch Ryan:
http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/09/22/893761/paul-ryan-tells-florida-seniors-that-obamacare-includes-death-panels/

3 replies, 877 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Paul Ryan Tells Florida Seniors That Obamacare Includes Death Panels (Original post)
DonViejo Sep 2012 OP
Faygo Kid Sep 2012 #1
frazee Sep 2012 #2
kestrel91316 Sep 2012 #3

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Sat Sep 22, 2012, 06:38 PM

1. Scare seniors. That's all they've got left.

So now Paul Ryan morphs into Sarah Palin completely.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Sep 22, 2012, 06:40 PM

2. Every time Romney or Ryan speak, they lose potential voters.

Reply to this post

Sat Sep 22, 2012, 07:05 PM

3. Oooohhhh, scary! Of course, the saintly insurance companies have nothing like that.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread