HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Romney says Obama is anti...

Fri Sep 21, 2012, 12:42 PM

Romney says Obama is anti-Israel, but John Sununu is Romney's advisor.

So Romney always talks about how President Obama threw Israel under the bus. I don't want this thread to degenerate into an Israeli/Palestinian debate, so let's keep it on the politics.

President Obama's former chief of staff is Rahm Emanuel, Jewish-American and veteran of the Israeli Defense Forces.

John Sununu is one of Romney's advisors. John Sununu is a Palestinian-American who served as Bush 41's chief of staff. A former governor of New Hampshire, Sununu was the only governor in the country to refuse to condemn the UN for its resolution stating that Zionism is a form of racism. Again, just keeping it on the politics, why is no one in the Obama re-election campaign going after this guy? Sununu was an ally of Bush 41's Secretary of State, James Baker, who is famous for telling Bush 41 this: "F--- the Jews, they don't vote for us anyway."

Where does Romney get off lying about Obama's record on Israel when he's got Sununu stumping for him?

If you know any Jewish people who are pro-Israel, tell them about Sununu's background and positions. They'll probably be surprised to hear it. If Republicans can lie about Obama's record then this is certainly fair game.

Relevant link:
http://www.nytimes.com/1991/06/27/opinion/essay-sununu-blames-the-jews.html

11 replies, 2005 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 11 replies Author Time Post
Reply Romney says Obama is anti-Israel, but John Sununu is Romney's advisor. (Original post)
IfPalinisAnswerWatsQ Sep 2012 OP
swayne Sep 2012 #1
IfPalinisAnswerWatsQ Sep 2012 #10
aquart Sep 2012 #2
IfPalinisAnswerWatsQ Sep 2012 #4
leftynyc Sep 2012 #3
IfPalinisAnswerWatsQ Sep 2012 #5
leftynyc Sep 2012 #7
IfPalinisAnswerWatsQ Sep 2012 #9
louis-t Sep 2012 #6
leftynyc Sep 2012 #8
louis-t Sep 2012 #11

Response to IfPalinisAnswerWatsQ (Original post)

Fri Sep 21, 2012, 12:46 PM

1. Great, great point !!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to swayne (Reply #1)

Fri Sep 21, 2012, 01:45 PM

10. Thank you!

Nt

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 21, 2012, 12:51 PM

2. Treating Arabs with respect is NOT being "anti-Israel."

Reply to this post

Response to aquart (Reply #2)

Fri Sep 21, 2012, 12:54 PM

4. I could care less about the I/P conflict,

I said lets try to keep it on here politics. Agree or disagree with Obama's views, he has favored Israel in the dispute. Romney is lying about Obama's record. Romney has an anti-Semite (carped about Jewish conspiracies against him) on his staff who has always been predisposed to the Palestinian position. How is this not relevant?

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 21, 2012, 12:53 PM

3. Jews are much smarter

than you're giving them credit for (overwhelmingly vote for Democrats). This anti-Israel shit isn't being aimed at American Jews - it's being aimed at evangelicals.

Reply to this post

Response to leftynyc (Reply #3)

Fri Sep 21, 2012, 12:58 PM

5. I know

I know that Obama will win 80% of the Jewish vote. My goal is to inform the remaining 20% about Romney's friend John Sununu. If Obama can get 85% of the Jewish vote in Florida, he wins the state without much of a sweat.

And how do you think evangelicals would feel about Rommey if they knew about his friend John Sununu? They might be interested to know.

Reply to this post

Response to IfPalinisAnswerWatsQ (Reply #5)

Fri Sep 21, 2012, 01:13 PM

7. Y'know - that's an excellent point

I wonder how evangelicals would feel if one of these pundits asked him (as a Romney surrogate) about that? How can we make that happen?

Reply to this post

Response to leftynyc (Reply #7)

Fri Sep 21, 2012, 01:17 PM

9. Yes

Send it to every show on MSNBC. The e-mail addresses are online. I've done so. Time to start punching back.

Sununu is a weasely little slimeball and it would be great to get some coverage on him.

Look at Mitt Romney, paling around with anti-Semites like John Sununu. Doesn't Mitt Romney love Israel? Hahahahahaha.

Reply to this post

Response to leftynyc (Reply #3)

Fri Sep 21, 2012, 01:01 PM

6. You are correct, sir.

Reply to this post

Response to louis-t (Reply #6)

Fri Sep 21, 2012, 01:13 PM

8. Not insulted in the slightest

but I am a woman.

Reply to this post