HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Support Groups » Bereavement (Group) » My Aunt gave my Grandma t...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Dec 27, 2013, 05:51 PM

My Aunt gave my Grandma this for Christmas

The covering and the clothes the little guy is wearing were all created from Grandpa's favorite clothing. His favorite shirt and a couple of his favorite sweaters.

Another Aunt was concerned that Grandma didn't quite understand what the bear was for. I think she does. I thought it was a nice way to give us all a physical reminder of his presence.

I'm thinking of suggesting of getting him a pair of glasses and then he'll be complete. I'll have to find out if Grandpa had extra or old pairs of glasses lying around or if he took his only pair with him.

2 replies, 385 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply My Aunt gave my Grandma this for Christmas (Original post)
47of74 Dec 2013 OP
auntAgonist Dec 2013 #1
csziggy Jan 2014 #2

Response to 47of74 (Original post)

Sat Dec 28, 2013, 01:59 PM

1. What a wonderful gift! And, it can be passed through generations to come.

How very thoughtful of her.

Thanks for sharing this.

aA
kesha

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to 47of74 (Original post)

Thu Jan 2, 2014, 12:08 AM

2. That is such a cute bear!

I bet your Grandma really appreciates it and will love having it for years to come.

My Mom has one made from a shirt of my BIL who passed away in 2007 and she treasures it. I'm making memory bears from my Dad's shirts for Mom, my sisters and his grandchildren. As I work with each shirt, I remember the time I spent with him while he was wearing them. They are such special memories embedded in those shirts.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread