HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Religion & Spirituality » Atheists & Agnostics (Group) » Whether the vision is bor...

Wed Nov 14, 2012, 10:44 PM

Whether the vision is born from religion or non-religion the result is the same and God is glorified

Yup, you heard that right.

Along with this...

Biblical values" has been used by many as a code for brutally enforced patriarchy, as have many other perspectives, religious and non-religious.

and this...

Atheist who have seen what is noble have other names. They all come to the same conclusion. Life has meaning! The list I offered is just an affirmation of that notion. It stands against all forms of nihilism and distortions which abound no matter he claims of many religious and non-religious alike.

Enjoy yourselves...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/121854428#post170

4 replies, 809 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Whether the vision is born from religion or non-religion the result is the same and God is glorified (Original post)
cleanhippie Nov 2012 OP
trotsky Nov 2012 #1
Rob H. Nov 2012 #2
onager Nov 2012 #3
MisterScruffles Nov 2012 #4

Response to cleanhippie (Original post)

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 10:43 AM

1. Just further confirmation of religious bigotry.

Atheists can only be moral, ethical, decent, etc. when they latch onto a religious framework. He's consistently promoted that very same bigoted message from his first posts on DU. And to think some have the nerve to wonder why we get offended.

But don't forget - *we're* the bigots.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 12:14 PM

2. Aw, c'mon, now

You know religion is solely responsible for the good things in the world, like rainbows, puppy breath, and springtime. It's always those evil nonbelievers that wreck everything else for everybody!

But yeah, even though I trashed that group a while back, I pop back in every once in a while--call it morbid curiosity. That original OP over there made me roll my eyes so hard I think I might have sprained something.

Edited to add: the list of "biblical values" in that OP were things that anyone is capable of, no religious framework required. Why are religious people so bloody insecure?

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 15, 2012, 08:34 PM

3. How that post sounded to me...

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 16, 2012, 04:45 AM

4. Stealth Evangelists

Are no brighter than obvious ones.

Reply to this post