HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Religion & Spirituality » Religion (Group) » The Joe Zias vs. sensatio...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Jan 29, 2013, 08:18 PM

The Joe Zias vs. sensationalist film maker suit hits the courts:

http://world.time.com/2013/01/29/a-feud-between-biblical-archaeologists-goes-to-court/

You have to love you some Joe Zias. He has a definite way with words, not to mention being a remarkably sharp guy.

2 replies, 446 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply The Joe Zias vs. sensationalist film maker suit hits the courts: (Original post)
dimbear Jan 2013 OP
Confusious Jan 2013 #1
Fortinbras Armstrong Jan 2013 #2

Response to dimbear (Original post)

Tue Jan 29, 2013, 08:44 PM

1. "I have never once heard of a scholar suing another scholar because their work was eviscerated."

One guy is a charlatan and the other is a scholar. The charlatan is suing the scholar.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to dimbear (Original post)

Wed Jan 30, 2013, 07:51 AM

2. It seems to me that Jacobovici is suing Zias to shut him up.

It is also quite obvious that Zias has some quite valid criticisms of Jacobovici. Jacobovici reminds me of the dealers in spurious religious relics who ran a thriving trade in medieval Europe. It is said that there were enough relics of the True Cross to build a ship. Casanova, in his memoirs, tells of meeting a rich man who had the supposed knife that pierced Christ's side as he hung on the cross, and of making the supposed sheath for the knife to bilk the man out of money.

Jacobovici would appear to be Casanova's spiritual descendant.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread