HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Religion & Spirituality » Religion (Group) » Poison Pen: James Dobson’...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 10:41 PM

Poison Pen: James Dobson’s Latest Missive Misses The Mark

Source:
Wall of Separation
Jan 14, 2013
by Rob Boston

A letter drafted by Dr. James Dobson, founder of Focus on the Family (FOF), has been getting some attention on social media sites and blogs lately.

In the missive, Dobson, a child psychologist who founded what has become one of the largest and most powerful Religious Right groups in the nation, surveyed the results of the November election. He’s not happy.

“I'm sure many of you are discouraged in the aftermath of the National Elections, especially in view of the moral and spiritual issues that took such a beating on November 6th,” Dobson wrote. “Nearly everything I have stood for these past 35 years went down to defeat.”

Dobson, who left FOF a few years ago and now runs a smaller radio outfit called Family Talk, doesn’t understand what went wrong. The Democratic Party platform, he notes, supported legal abortion and same-sex marriage. Those pesky Democrats didn’t even include references to God until they were shamed into it!

https://www.au.org/blogs/wall-of-separation/poison-pen-james-dobson-s-latest-missive-misses-the-mark

Not really anything to add to this, just more of the same in the ongoing culture war.

3 replies, 753 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Poison Pen: James Dobson’s Latest Missive Misses The Mark (Original post)
Adsos Letter Jan 2013 OP
lunasun Jan 2013 #1
Adsos Letter Jan 2013 #3
LineNew Reply .
struggle4progress Jan 2013 #2

Response to Adsos Letter (Original post)

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 11:03 PM

1. we could add a bravo or wwo hoo

"Nearly everything I have stood for these past 35 years went down to defeat.”

PoorJD ...35 yrs of crap and hate defeated >world's smallest violin for you dude

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to lunasun (Reply #1)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 02:27 AM

3. As Boston said in his blog piece:

"Dobson may be angry about November’s results, but he’s not going anywhere. That means you shouldn’t either."

As has been often said, "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread