HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Recreation » Gaming (Group) » Small World/How the Hell ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Jan 26, 2013, 12:26 PM

Small World/How the Hell did it get here?

Didn't quite know where to put this, but I was going through my Elder Scrolls collection, straightening manuals out in the cases and etc. and I ran across something interesting in my copy of Oblivion. I bought the game at an auction a little under a year ago and I haven't moved the manual at all, just getting the game out to play it. Well, under the manual was a receipt that somehow stayed inside of the game for five years. That isn't all that surprising, because I know some people do that. What was surprising was where it came from: a GameStop in Fullerton, California. I live in central Missouri.

So what the hell was a CA-purchased game doing in Mid-Missouri? The only thing that I can think of is that a college student at the local college bought it at home and got rid of it here.

2 replies, 473 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Small World/How the Hell did it get here? (Original post)
Hayabusa Jan 2013 OP
Chan790 Jan 2013 #1
Hayabusa Jan 2013 #2

Response to Hayabusa (Original post)

Sat Jan 26, 2013, 02:39 PM

1. I'd almost forgot that Gamestop used to sell PC titles.

It's all console games now...in fact, I'm not really sure where one buys computer games today as I buy all mine online; best buy and stores like that are reducing their computer sections to increase space for console-games (Best Buy locally has undertaken a policy of not putting prices on games either), Target and WalMart sell mostly off-label minor-publisher crap.

Where does one buy computer games in a brick and mortar store these days?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Chan790 (Reply #1)

Sat Jan 26, 2013, 02:43 PM

2. It was the PS3 version

They had the PC version a month or so later, but that was all they had so I didn't get it.

As for PC games, yeah, there aren't that many places that sell them anymore, thanks to Steam and Origin, which really sucks for someone with a slow internet. The PC section at my local GameStops are just two or three racks and a special section for World of Warcraft.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread