HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Recreation » Automobile Enthusiasts (Group) » Volkswagen's E-Bugster Co...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Jan 31, 2012, 12:04 PM

Volkswagen's E-Bugster Concept Car

Don't call it a Ragster. Though it shares its basic body shape with the slammed New Beetle that debuted at the 2005 Detroit Auto Show, the Volkswagen E-Bugster is a completely new concept that's based on the latest version of VW's iconic Beetle. And it's electric.

That electric motor puts out 114-horsepower (85 kW) and 199 pound-feet of torque, which out to be plenty to get this squashed Bug down the road with a quickness. Range is listed at about 100 miles, courtesy of a 695-pound lithium ion battery pack that resides both under the rear seats and trunk floor. A charging port is located under the VW logo at the car's nose, and, depending on the charger being used, an 80-percent charge can happen in just 30 minutes.

LINK: http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/09/volkswagen-e-bugster-concept-detroit-auto-show-2012/

Very cool

3 replies, 1267 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Volkswagen's E-Bugster Concept Car (Original post)
Auggie Jan 2012 OP
Gold Metal Flake Jan 2012 #1
JohnnyRingo Feb 2012 #2
ge26252se Feb 2012 #3

Response to Auggie (Original post)

Tue Jan 31, 2012, 04:27 PM

1. Pretty cool.

100 miles range makes this a solid commuter. I could go to work and home on a single charge and have reserve if I have to dash out at lunch for an errand.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Feb 3, 2012, 01:46 PM

2. Nice roofline

That's something that should be incorporated into all VWs regardless of powerplant. I see from the 1st sentence that it may come to be.

It reminds me of the days of the EMPI performance VWs

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 22, 2012, 03:53 AM

3. n/t

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread