HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Sports » Sports (Group) » Grandy out 10 weeks after...

Sun Feb 24, 2013, 06:39 PM

Grandy out 10 weeks after pitch breaks forearm

Yankees outfielder Curtis Granderson sustained a fractured right forearm in his first plate appearance of the Grapefruit League season and is expected to be sidelined from action for approximately 10 weeks, the team said.

Granderson was drilled by a pitch from Blue Jays left-hander J.A. Happ while batting in the bottom of the first inning on Sunday. X-rays taken by Dr. Daniel Murphy in Tampa revealed the fracture.

"My body was feeling good, my arm was feeling good, ready to go," Granderson said. "Five pitches in, we've got a little setback. It could be worse, but now we rest, recover, get it back and get ready to play whenever that day comes."

The Yankees said that the 10-week estimate is for Granderson to return to being Major League ready, so he is expected to return to the lineup in early May.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130224&content_id=41941012&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

First plate appearance. Talk about bad luck.

Sid

1 replies, 437 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Grandy out 10 weeks after pitch breaks forearm (Original post)
SidDithers Feb 2013 OP
bluedigger Feb 2013 #1

Response to SidDithers (Original post)

Sun Feb 24, 2013, 08:52 PM

1. That's some craptacular luck, all right.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread