HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Sports » Sports (Group) » Yankees fighting for the ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Feb 23, 2013, 12:33 PM

Yankees fighting for the right to be called the “Evil Empire”

The Yankees know that not a lot people like them. In fact, they have accepted the nickname the “Evil Empire.” So when someone decides to try to take that name, the Yankees step in.

Apparently the Yankees don’t want anyone to use that nickname in the baseball world. They want to keep that name. They want to be called that name. They’ve accepted the fact that they are evil.

And it’s pretty fair to call this team evil. With their stupid facial hair rules, their spending and their constant vice grip on anything fun, I think no better name fits the Yankees.

So if they embrace it, that’s fine. They know they’re evil. Fans know they’re evil. So why try to let anyone else take that name? Yankees, go be evil and finish in third place this year!

http://butattheendoftheday.com/2013/02/23/yankees-fighting-for-the-right-to-be-called-the-evil-empire/

2 replies, 429 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Yankees fighting for the right to be called the “Evil Empire” (Original post)
n2doc Feb 2013 OP
Jack Rabbit Feb 2013 #1
NewYorkTaxPayer Feb 2013 #2

Response to n2doc (Original post)

Sun Feb 24, 2013, 06:42 PM

1. Just wait unitl the umpire strikes back at them

Recalling a headline from the distant past, about what I have forgotten.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to n2doc (Original post)

Mon Feb 25, 2013, 05:52 PM

2. If by finish in third

you mean make it to the ALCS again, I wouldn't be surprised.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread