HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Sports » Sports (Group) » Michael Vick signs with t...

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 06:29 PM

Michael Vick signs with the Eagles for one more year

The Philadelphia Eagles re-signed Michael Vick on Monday to a one-year deal for the 2013 season, the team announced. Vick could make as much as $10 million next season, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

This contract replaces the six-year, $100 million contract Vick signed in 2011 and he now is scheduled to be a free agent after next season.

"He wanted to be here," new Eagles head coach Chip Kelly said Monday in his first meeting with the media following his opening news conference on Jan. 17. "I had never met him before. The one thing that attracted me to him is Michael is a competitor. Nick (Foles) is, too. You want guys who want to compete."

LINK: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8936209/michael-vick-signs-one-year-deal-philadelphia-eagles

Why would Vick replace the current contract for $10 million? It must not have been guaranteed.

4 replies, 426 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Michael Vick signs with the Eagles for one more year (Original post)
Auggie Feb 2013 OP
joeybee12 Feb 2013 #1
MrSlayer Feb 2013 #2
trotsky Feb 2013 #3
madinmaryland Feb 2013 #4

Response to Auggie (Original post)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 06:32 PM

1. Thank God!

Now I can keep hating the Eagles!!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 08:03 PM

2. I don't know why they bothered to fire Reid.

If you're just going to bring in another offensive "genius" whose radical scheme has even less chance of working than the standard west coast slop we've been dealing with and you're going to re-sign the turnover machine, injury waiting to happen, non defense reading dog killer, you should have just kept Reid.

I'm disgusted.

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 08:21 PM

3. Couldn't have happened to a better fan base. n/t

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 08:33 PM

4. We have not heard for DU's Eaglet fan in a while!! Probably still in jail at the old Vet!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread