HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Sports » Sports (Group) » Michael Phelps cheers on ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Feb 5, 2013, 09:57 PM

Michael Phelps cheers on Ray Lewis, Ravens

Michael Phelps, the Olympic gold-medal-winning swimmer, was thrilled to see his hometown team win the Super Bowl.

“It was unbelievable,” Phelps said in a Comcast SportsNet interview in the Superdome. “My mom and I were literally up in the stands crying our eyes out the whole entire time. It’s amazing to bring it back to Baltimore. It’s destiny. They worked so hard together as a team and it’s good to see Ray go out on top like this.”

Phelps and Lewis have forged the kind of friendship unique to elite athletes, one helped when Lewis encouraged Phelps to go for Olympic gold a last time. The Super Bowl victory, Phelps told ESPN’s Adam Schefter, meant a great deal to him.

“Because of Ray Lewis and what he’s meant to me and my career. Being able to help me come back. I know how bad he wanted this. To be able to watch him come back and overcome the struggle that he has, to bring it back to Baltimore, there’s nothing better.”

Read more, joeybee12, at: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2013/02/04/super-bowl-2013-michael-phelps-cheers-on-ray-lewis-ravens/

0 replies, 267 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Reply to this thread