HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Sports » Sports (Group) » 9-3 Louisiana Tech gets n...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Dec 3, 2012, 12:50 AM

9-3 Louisiana Tech gets no bowl invite. 6-7 Georgia Tech to Sun Bowl.

La Tech led the nation in total offense. They almost upset Top 10 Texas A&M losing 59-57 in the absolute wildest game I watched all year. Not only did 5 of the best 10-11 teams in the country get the shaft in the best bowl games that had a total of 10 slots available, one of the top 30 teams in the country didn't get a bowl AT ALL when there are something like 70 freaking teams playing in bowl games.

Ga Tech will lose the Sun Bowl to Southern Cal and finish 6-8. What a joke.

This system is hopelessly broken.

3 replies, 801 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply 9-3 Louisiana Tech gets no bowl invite. 6-7 Georgia Tech to Sun Bowl. (Original post)
Elwood P Dowd Dec 2012 OP
Indianademocrat91 Dec 2012 #1
Elwood P Dowd Dec 2012 #3
Iggo Dec 2012 #2

Response to Elwood P Dowd (Original post)

Mon Dec 3, 2012, 01:26 AM

1. Not true.

La Tech was invited to Independance bowl and turned it down because they were waiting for higher profile bowls to invite them. Ind bowl gave them deadline and it passed so La Tech is at fault 100% for their demise not the bowl system. AD is a dumbass and should be fired according to Karl Malone

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Indianademocrat91 (Reply #1)

Mon Dec 3, 2012, 02:01 AM

3. They didn't turn it down, they asked for more time because the other team the bowl was looking at

would still be available the next day. At least that's what I was told. What's sad is that these bowls rush to get teams even when they have 6-6 records and someone like La Tech always gets left out. Wasn't an 8-4 Temple team left out one year in a similar situation?

I think La Tech was looking at a better option because the Indy Bowl is just a few miles away and not exactly a nice trip and reward for the players and fans. Much more attractive bowls lost out on an entertaining La Tech team because of the system and stupid bowl tie-in rules. I am just pointing out how the system is seriously fucked up!

Reply to this post

Response to Elwood P Dowd (Original post)

Mon Dec 3, 2012, 01:29 AM

2. PLAYOFFS!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread