HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Sports » Sports (Group) » Washington State fan leve...

Sun Nov 25, 2012, 10:37 AM

Washington State fan levels UW player after Apple Cup..

&feature=player_embedded

The Cougars beat the visiting Washington Huskies by a field goal in overtime in front of 30,000 fans Friday night. As you can see at around the :13 mark on the 45 yard line in the video above, the overtime win was apparently not enough for one fan who was out for blood.

According to CougCenter, the man in white (you can sort of see he is also holding his helmet) is Washington tight end, Austin Seferian-Jenkins as he walks off the field following the overtime loss. A fan rushing the field comes out of nowhere and sucker punches Seferian-Jenkins, leveling him to the ground, and is gone as quickly as he appeared.

Seferian-Jenkins had initially tweeted that he "prayed for that man that struck me. He must have some issues..." but appears to have since deleted the tweet (though he has acknowledged the punch in other tweets). According to The Seattle Times, Washington will not have any comment on the incident.

http://deadspin.com/5963054/washington-state-fan-punches-washington-tight-end-austin-seferian+jenkins

http://www.cougcenter.com/apple-cup-2012-football/2012/11/24/3687386/austin-seferian-jenkins-punch-video-2012-apple-cup

This is a big rivalry game up here and all that. Plus, folks in Eastern Washington tend to consume a lot of alcohol at Cougars games due to the cold...but there's no excuse for something like this.

6 replies, 1011 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Washington State fan levels UW player after Apple Cup.. (Original post)
Upton Nov 2012 OP
opiate69 Nov 2012 #1
Upton Nov 2012 #2
mythology Nov 2012 #3
opiate69 Nov 2012 #4
Upton Nov 2012 #6
Upton Nov 2012 #5

Response to Upton (Original post)

Mon Nov 26, 2012, 02:10 AM

1. Stay classy, Cougs.... fucking Hillbillies...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to opiate69 (Reply #1)

Mon Nov 26, 2012, 05:34 PM

2. Bad all the way around..

blowing the 28-10 lead means the Huskies are going be stuck in something like the Kraft Hunger Bowl..I had higher hopes..

I do wonder about Seferian-Jenkins. He's listed at 6' 6" 266 lbs..and he got knocked over by a fan?

Reply to this post

Response to Upton (Reply #2)

Mon Nov 26, 2012, 10:11 PM

3. After a game and somebody comes running up and blindsides you?

Not that hard to believe he was knocked down by a sucker punch.

Reply to this post

Response to mythology (Reply #3)

Mon Nov 26, 2012, 10:30 PM

4. Agreed.. it's hard to tell from the video if it was a punch or a steamrolling, but..

No matter how big you are, if you're not expecting it and get blindsided, you're most likely going down, at least for a second.

Reply to this post

Response to opiate69 (Reply #4)

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 07:52 AM

6. Look at this Cougar fan..

he's chugging cinnamon whiskey at the UCLA game..

Reply to this post

Response to mythology (Reply #3)

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 07:46 AM

5. I can believe it..

Seferian-Jenkins is one of top tight ends in the country. He should be playing on Sunday eventually. The more I look at it, the more it looks like a push...but you're right , he definitely couldn't have been expecting it..

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread