HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Sports » Sports (Group) » Bernie Fine accuser: I wa...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 05:12 PM

Bernie Fine accuser: I was told to lie

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketball/story/bernie-fine-accuser-zach-tomaselli-claims-he-was-told-to-lie-about-sexual-abuse-041312

Zach Tomaselli, who is set to begin a 39-month prison sentence for sexually abusing a 13-year-old boy in Maine, said his tale about being molested in 2002 in a Pittsburgh hotel room while on a trip with the basketball team was fabricated by Bobby Davis.

Tomaselli's allegations came shortly after Davis and his stepbrother, Mike Lang, revealed to ESPN in November that they were allegedly molested by Fine while working as ball boys for the team in the 1980s.

SNIP

Davis and Lang have filed a defamation lawsuit against Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim for initially stating that the two men were lying and motivated by money.

The 66-year-old Fine was fired by Syracuse in late November, but has maintained all of the allegations are false.

1 replies, 370 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Bernie Fine accuser: I was told to lie (Original post)
RockaFowler Apr 2012 OP
joeybee12 Apr 2012 #1

Response to RockaFowler (Original post)

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 09:30 PM

1. Nice...

Of course, the whole thing is still pretty sordid...Fine and his wife were quite the pair.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread