HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Offbeat » Humor (Group) » Joe the Plumber, dead at ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Nov 5, 2012, 04:10 PM

Joe the Plumber, dead at 39

Joe the Plumber, who rose to fame after an impromptu encounter with Barack Obama on the 2008 campaign trail, and was locked in a tight race for Ohio’s 9th district Congressional seat, is dead. Early reports indicate he died in a freak plumbing accident while campaigning outside of Toledo.

Joe’s death throws the race for the Congressional seat into disarray. His opponent, incumbent Marcy Kaptur, has issued a statement expressing condolences to Joe the Plumber’s family but so far he campaign has said nothing about the effect of his death on the election, now just a day away.

Information about the circumstances surrounding the death is limited. According to witnesses at the scene of a rally this morning in downtown Maumee, the candidate was speaking to the crowd when a nearby fire hydrant began leaking and flooding the street.

“He just stopped speaking, left the podium, and ran down the street to his plumbing van,” said Mark West, who was attending the rally. “He came running back with a giant plumber’s wrench and a greasy rag. But by then the crowd around him was too thick and I couldn’t see him anymore.”

http://joe-the-plumber-2012.com/2012/11/05/joe-the-plumber-dead-at-39/

2 replies, 2486 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Joe the Plumber, dead at 39 (Original post)
DionDem Nov 2012 OP
ROBROX Nov 2012 #1
Rozlee Nov 2012 #2

Response to DionDem (Original post)

Mon Nov 5, 2012, 05:08 PM

1. Samuel “Joe the Plumber” Wurzlebacher may be a Republican/Tea Partier/bald man

but he represents the BEST the GOP has this century. He is the fake image of a party that has tried to reinvent itself with an image that is BIZARRE at best. I had read that this guy wanted to be his own business as a plumber and I hope he is a good plumber.

This story is about a plumbing in Colorado that died from the economy and it blames Obama and not the GOP "NO" people who screwed America. Sad story by people who are not blaming the selfish greedy GOP for not helping. Twisted but true.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to DionDem (Original post)

Mon Nov 5, 2012, 05:51 PM

2. We'll get over it someday.

There. We're over it.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread