HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Offbeat » Humor (Group) » Joe the Plumber: too busy...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Oct 16, 2012, 07:51 PM

Joe the Plumber: too busy to debate

With the second presidential debate about to begin, there is at least one high-profile Republican politician shying away from debating his opponent.

Samuel “Joe the Plumber” Wurzlebacher, who is running for congress in the 9th District of Ohio, was ano-show at a debate scheduled earlier this week.

Joe told the press that the debate against incumbent Marcy Kaptur “didn’t fit his schedule.” But according to most accounts, including those of his fellow Republicans, the unlicensed plumber’s campaign has been awfully quiet of late. “I think his campaign’s nonexistent and at this point I hope he has a trick up his sleeve or a rabbit he’s going to pull out of his hat,” says Steve Kraus, who Joe beat out in the Republican primaries.

According to Kaptur’s campaign, “Joe the Plumber thought he was going to use this to get a TV show and it’s not working out, so he’s lost interest.”

It’s too bad, though. Joe the Plumber’s political hero, Ronald Reagan, was never afraid to debate his opponents.

Read more at http://joe-the-plumber-2012.com/2012/10/16/joe-the-plumber-too-busy-to-debate/

2 replies, 516 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Joe the Plumber: too busy to debate (Original post)
DionDem Oct 2012 OP
left-of-center2012 Oct 2012 #1
Shuhered Oct 2012 #2

Response to DionDem (Original post)

Tue Oct 16, 2012, 09:43 PM

1. Joe the loser

What more can I say.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to DionDem (Original post)

Tue Oct 23, 2012, 04:35 PM

2. Undereducated

He also has not the skills to debate in the normal forum. He no doubt is aware that he has already lost and Holmes on Holmes will not relinquish his spot for a plumber who is not gay friendly.Bam!!!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread