HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Offbeat » Humor (Group) » and finally, a tribute to...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed May 23, 2012, 01:58 PM

and finally, a tribute to a genius

“The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it? A Death! What's that, a bonus? I think the life cycle is all backwards. You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work. You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities, you become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating...

...and you finish off as an orgasm.”

George Carlin. RIP Sir.

2 replies, 791 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply and finally, a tribute to a genius (Original post)
SCantiGOP May 2012 OP
Neoplebe Jun 2012 #1
damaya Jun 2012 #2

Response to SCantiGOP (Original post)

Fri Jun 1, 2012, 02:36 PM

1. I got to see him live once.

His sense of humor really broke apart the audiences inhibitions. People were cracking jokes all the way to the parking lot.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to SCantiGOP (Original post)

Tue Jun 5, 2012, 01:00 PM

2. This is similar to Jonathan Winter's character in Mork & Mindy...

Although, good thing we never got to see that character make it to the end (the current beginning).

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread