HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Offbeat » Humor (Group) » A preacher, a lawyer, and...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed May 9, 2012, 08:51 PM

A preacher, a lawyer, and an engineer are sentenced to execution...

The preacher is first to be led to the guillotine, and after having his head placed in the stock, the lever is pulled and the blade falls. However, halfway down the blade jams and stops. The preacher looks up and shouts; "it's divine intervention, I must be freed!". The executioner agrees and turns him loose.

The lawyer is next, and after being fitted to the stock, again the deadly lever is pulled. As fate would have it though, the blade again sticks halfway down and after looking up and seeing it, the lawyer shouts; "it's double jeopardy, I must be freed!" Again the executioner agrees and sets the lawyer free.

Finally it's the engineer's turn, and after being set in the stock, yet again the lever is pulled. Remarkably the blade travels halfway way down and stops. The engineer looks up, sees the blade jammed in the frame and says;
I can fix that for you.

2 replies, 999 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply A preacher, a lawyer, and an engineer are sentenced to execution... (Original post)
bluesbassman May 2012 OP
krispos42 May 2012 #1
damaya Jun 2012 #2

Response to bluesbassman (Original post)

Thu May 10, 2012, 12:36 PM

1. "You see, the ratio of the depth of the slide...

...to the vertical groove has to be at least 2.5 to 1 for it to slide without binding. If you affix an extension on each side, it'll work just fine. Let me show you."

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to bluesbassman (Original post)

Tue Jun 5, 2012, 01:02 PM

2. This must have been written by a lawyer.

I've never seen a joke where an engineer is the punchline. But welcome to the world of punchline's engineers!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread